Technical Doblo van front lock stuck

Currently reading:
Technical Doblo van front lock stuck

Ivor Doblo

Hi just got a fiat doblo 2014 van 1st one i have had and the the drivers door lock will not open from the inside or outside,i have managed to get the door card off but still cannot get in is there a knack to this or am i a bit dumb here as its getting annoying now entering through the passenger side,help needed please

Hi just got a fiat doblo 2014 van 1st one i have had and the the drivers door lock will not open from the inside or outside,i have managed to get the door card off but still cannot get in is there a knack to this or am i a bit dumb here as its getting annoying now entering through the passenger side,help needed please
I have a 2010 Doblo Maxi van, so I thought I would have a quick look, but unless anyone else knows better I can't see a easy option without resorting to violence.
I see the lock is sunk quite deep in the door . I am assuming activating release using the key button and the manual key don't work , so with the door panel off inside and shining a torch at lock there is nothing that can be moved to release the lock and as all the lock fixing screws are in the end of the door hidden by the frame, I had hoped with side door open it may have been possible to drill out the back of the two screws that hold the front door catch to the frame/pillar, that may involve removing the plastic panel by seat belt mounts to get a better view and then failing any one else coming up with a better option, aligning a long drill from the side door in the correct position drilling via there to remove the backs of the screws that hold that door catch.
It wouldn't be easy, but may be the only option to do minimal visible damage. Possibly fitting rubber grommets in the sliding door pillar to cover drill holes after fitting new lock and longer screws and lock nuts to door catch in pillar.
Before doing any of this I would try operating lock release by key or fob at the same time as exerting movement and/or banging the door to shock or jar it in to releasing, oiling mechanism prior to this may help. Good Luck!

Hi. Don't know if this is applicable to your van but worth a try.
I had a Fiat car with a similar problem turned out to be a jammed deadlock, the fix was to put the key in the lock then turn right then back to centre right again then left, might have been the other way round it was a long time ago, anyway it worked.

Back