Technical Doblo sound of chain thrashing !

Currently reading:
Technical Doblo sound of chain thrashing !

Has the auxiliary (fan) belt shredded on its side nearest the engine?

If yes strands of the belt may have worked there way under the timing cover causing the timing between the crankshaft and camshaft to be disturbed.
I can only see shredding on the out edge/ away from the engine. The timing belt is completely seperate and encased anyway. My view is change the obvious and keep fingers crossed. I still think it might the engine might be totally screwed.

I can only see shredding on the out edge/ away from the engine. The timing belt is completely seperate and encased anyway. My view is change the obvious and keep fingers crossed. I still think it might the engine might be totally screwed.
If you think it's just not starting due to fan belt/guide wheel problems cut the fan belt off. Saw through the fan belt using a carving/ steak knife/ whatever you have.
When it's cut pull the belt out.
Try and start engine.
Let us know how you get on.

Good idea. Is that just a push button reset ? I don't think i have noticed that before.
Ye push button reset it's drivers side on mine just past the door hinge under the fuse box.
Might have had enough of a whack to set it off when the bits came off.

Has the auxiliary (fan) belt shredded on its side nearest the engine?

If yes strands of the belt may have worked there way under the timing cover causing the timing between the crankshaft and camshaft to be disturbed.
Yes, my mechanic thinks that is exactly what happened. He said don't bother repairing it. It is a very sad day.

No. No timign belt fitted.
The mechanic can here a slight tapping and thinks there is damage to the inside of the engine. So scrap it.

How did he hear a tapping.. ?

turning the bottom end on a spanner..??

I was just suggesting you may as well fit a £10 belt..and HOPE

better than just scrapping the vehicle 'untested'

Back