Technical Doblo Air Con

Currently reading:
Technical Doblo Air Con

It has been mentioned in other threads but I can't seem to find the answer I need, in that how does the air con (rotary) switch work. Does it push in or pull out?

Air con wasn't working when I bought my latest Doblo, in fact it's the same Doblo I had when I first joined FF, I just bought it back off people I sold it to, Severn years ago. I don't remember how the air con activates and doesn't say in handbook. Fan works, after I replaced resistor. I've taken heater control panel out and stripped ac control down, but I am baffled. Need to know whether push or pull?

Doblo is a 2003 JTD ELX

Cheers

Push - well that's how mine works - once pushed in, an amber light should come on to show that it is on

Yes that's what I thought but it doesn't budge. I've got the switch off and taken it apart but can't for life of me work out how it works. Nothing appears broken but the control spindle doesn't move in or out. I've tried sourcing replacements unsuccessfully. Guess I'll have to buy a whole heater control panel from a breakers, just hoping this is an unusual fault and replacement hopefully not similarly affected.

In case you don't already know, the fan needs to be on for the switch to push in. It won't work in position 0. Mine is a 2007 Doblo, I assume it works the same on yours..

Yes it works the same on the earlier model. I used to own a 2008 multijet Doblo as well but couldn't remember how that worked either.

It turns out the fan speed switch which incorporates the A/C is broken, new part hopefully arrives Wednesday.

Thanks for the advice.

Back