Technical Doblo 1.9 D multijet

Currently reading:
Technical Doblo 1.9 D multijet

Toastedbutnotburnt

Hi all. My first post other than to say hi. So, I recently inherited my dad's trusty doblo. It's a rattlin bugger but I love it and 14 years in no major issues.

However, it's time to replace the lower control arms (bushes gone) and I've got the parts for this......Except....these LCA bolts are renowned for snagging in the bush or being rusted beyond undoing conventionally.

So, I'm in a quandary......I have new arms without the new bolts being supplied. I only have this car at present and I don't want to attempt undoing these bolts and find myself needing to drive to get spares. So I was trying to get the bolts before I start the job. However, I cannot seem to order the bolts anywhere for the main bush. I have the same problem with the outer anti roll bar fixing points on the LCA also . These I can go find easily but the main load bearing bolts I figure are toughened steel and a certain measurement to accommodate the bush assembly. I've tried 3 different fiat dealers for spares but non ever ring back. Mean while I'm close approaching the point where the car is in need of work doing asap.

Could anyone help me locate the correct bolts or know of a bolt that kind of blanket fits many brands of bush for this job. Like I say I'm stuck on these bolts and figure undoing them may lead to not being able to tighten them back up or may have to cut them off. Living in the sticks is a bummer when the bits are usually 15 miles away....

So to summarize hopefully someone has had this issue with these bolts and know where to get them. Any help at this stage would help stop me worrying and pulling my hair out 🤣

Hi - I have just done this on my 1.6multijet van (263 variant) on a 2014 plate.

I had no problem getting any of bolts out of mine! However, I am not sure that yours is the same setup, being a few years older.

A good source of info. is on the Vauxhall site. Mine is idendical to the Combo D (x12).

Not sure about the older version?

I had a bigger problem with the drop-links - cheap replacement parts caused the threads (under thenylocs) to go, a week after installation, some 200 miles!

Dave

Hi - I have just done this on my 1.6multijet van (263 variant) on a 2014 plate.

I had no problem getting any of bolts out of mine! However, I am not sure that yours is the same setup, being a few years older.

A good source of info. is on the Vauxhall site. Mine is idendical to the Combo D (x12).

Not sure about the older version?

I had a bigger problem with the drop-links - cheap replacement parts caused the threads (under thenylocs) to go, a week after installation, some 200 miles!

Dave
Thanks for your reply mate. I'll go look on the site and see what I can find. 👍

Back