Technical Doblo 1.3 Multijet EGR advice (again!)

Currently reading:
Technical Doblo 1.3 Multijet EGR advice (again!)

timelapse

Hi all

I have been reading a lot of different threads on here re blanking off the EGR valve. Both interesting and helpful. My Doblo has started doing the juddering/coughing thing below 2,000 revs in 2nd-4th etc.

Whether this is due to the EGR or not, it seems there is a general consensus that it's worth doing, to preserve the engine, improve performance, and most importantly for me: improve mpg.

Even if I was mechanically minded (sadly I am hopeless in that respect), I can see that removal and cleaning is a pig of a job.

Have been quoted £180 for fitting the (£3) blanking plate and a remap so fault lights don't come on. It seems reading various posts that the light will come on on a 1.3. Does this price sound feasible?

Or is it worth replacing?

One of my worries is that all the crap in the inlet manifold will still be there if I take the first option (or, come to think of it, the second as I'm sure the garage won't be bothered to clean out all that crap even if I ask them to). Is this a massive problem? (especially if I get it blanked off anyway).

Any thoughts on this much appreciated! (y)

I would like to know if the egr has to be blanked off,before having a remap deleting it,please

Last edited:
I would like to know if the egr has to be blanked off,before having a remap deleting it,please

It is illegal to delete, blank or otherwise disable the EGR valve or any other emissions control device / system.
Passing an MOT does not make it legal (if the MOT tester spots a blanking or deletion it's a fail). It will almost certainly invalidate your insurance as well because it will be either a un-reported modifiction or if you do report it to them, it's an admission of an un-roadworthy vehicle.
It is also illegal for garages to do the deletion / remap. They may hide this by advertising "for off road use only" but I don't think that would work if taken to court. Unfortunatly there is little, if any enforcement.

Robert G8RPI.

Back