Tuning do this work or help

Currently reading:
Tuning do this work or help

con, unless its the one that comes with big batteries to power it (instead of sapping power from the car)

but then again, that'll then be quite heavy - so may also be useless.

but the cheap ones you see on ebay, con. stay away. like the 10/20/30bhp++++!!!!111 resistor 'chips'

my mate has one on his mondeo, they do work in a way, at the lights with it on his car idles rougher then when its off and when comming to hills if its on it seems to give it slight more power to get up them smoother doesnt struggle as much

but they dont give it the power output they say

to be honest if that experiment was accurate then i would happily put one on my car to get gains on my 0-60 time even if it is only one second but i would make a design so that the component was before the filter instead of after so that if it did break then bits of it would not be in my engine.

cheers gregor

interesting. the differance here is they use a RC plane ducted fan. and i can tell you they are bloody powerful. doubt the reliability of it.

I wonder if the fan is actually force inducting at all? I can see the fan been able to force air in faster then what the engine can suck.
My bet is the fan is making some beneficial turbulence or maybe smoothing out inefficiency in the induction side of the engine

well the way i see it is the engine usually has to suck in the air but with the fan fitted it doesnt need to but by no means am i saying that the fan is powerful enough to compress the air but jst helps the engine on the intake of air.

cheers gregor

Your wrong lol the engine is gonna pull the air in regardless of if you stick some 2p fan in the way. Just with the fan there you are making it harder for the air to get into the engine which is completely the opposite of what you want.

na mate your wrong although i do see your point the ducted fan will work due to the fact that the engine will be sucking in the air regardless as you said then your point about it being an abstruction the whole fan is not an obstruction it is just the centre of the fan as the blades are creating thrust and to minimize the drag a cone could be put on the centre part of the fan.

jet engines have many things in them that you would an obstruction but in the end air still manages to flow through them pretty damn fast.

cheers gregor

Last edited:
lol no it wont. If stuff like this actually worked do you not think manufacturers would fit it as standard to improve power and efficiency? The blades are an obstruction. If you want to get more air into the engine you get a good induction kit that is well placed to suck in colder denser air not some crappy computer fan that is gonna make sweet FA difference. Do you think that the chips aka resistors that sell on ebay actually improve power aswell??

ye but went yo say why didnt manufacturers put it on why did they not put decent induction kits on them or make them standared with polly bushes or racing cam etc. its because its all money. where does your aerodynamic knowlage come for cause its a load of balls infact its not balls theres just some bits have havnt learned yet.

cheers gregor

Because to fit all there fars with "proper" induction kits it would cost alot more than sticking a computer fan in the induction. Aerodynamic knowledge? Dont really need to have any to realise that sticking something in the way is going to disrupt the air flow and slow it down is not good. Jet engines? What do they have to do with car engines?

If you want to go stick that crap in your engine then go for it doesnt bother me.

Last edited:
ye but went yo say why didnt manufacturers put it on why did they not put decent induction kits on them or make them standared with polly bushes or racing cam etc. its because its all money. where does your aerodynamic knowlage come for cause its a load of balls infact its not balls theres just some bits have havnt learned yet.

cheers gregor

you are wrong, the fan will cause drag.

at full speed, powered by it's motor. imagine the fan spins at 3000 RPM, at 3000RPM it is pushing say, 1000 litres of air a minute. Assume the car needs 2000 litres of air a minute, it will try and suck this past the fan. This will force the fan to spin faster, to spin the fan faster uses kinetic energy from the airflow - thus slowing it down, and messing up the smooth flow.

also, re what manufacturers would fit to improve efficency etc. if you consider they'd go to the expense of something like the VW TSI setup.. then you'd think they'd have tried fitting an electric fan in the inlet

Last edited:
Back