General Do i trust halfords?

Currently reading:
General Do i trust halfords?

bloodline_89

I have been saying i need a new battery for some time now and this morning due to the cold weather and snow my car just about started.

First time i have had this but got warning high engine temperature ? or something, i got the ping sound but thought she was telling me it was icy but when i looked down it said temperature-turn off engine, so not really sure what it was.

So im stuck at work with halfords just round the corner, has anyone ever got them to change a stilo battery? i just dont if i trust them?

I have been saying i need a new battery for some time now and this morning due to the cold weather and snow my car just about started.

First time i have had this but got warning high engine temperature ? or something, i got the ping sound but thought she was telling me it was icy but when i looked down it said temperature-turn off engine, so not really sure what it was.

So im stuck at work with halfords just round the corner, has anyone ever got them to change a stilo battery? i just dont if i trust them?

I doubt that the engine temperature was high if you'd only just turned the ignition on :confused:... sounds like the temperature sensor is on the ****...

im sure it was just a one off due to the cold and low voltage from battery, stilo dnt like to be cold !

on the + side it doesnt handle to bad in the snow compared to some of the cars i seen skid around !

I think even one of Halfraud's grease monkeys could change a battery - it's a pretty striaghtforward job on the Silto...

hi there
i worked for halfords for 2 and a half years. in that time i did all the fitting at some point from audio to batteries.
I'd say you'll be fine, as if they brake anything the company is fully insured anyway.

and just to let you know, if they do something you dont like, its the kind of company that if you kick up a fuss they will do what you want. beliveve me iv seen it happen a good amount of times

Last edited:
ok got it done, payed for

Bosch Silver Battery HSB012

Bosch 12V Silver Car Battery HSB012 with 5 Year Guarantee

managed to haggle a little bit and got it for £90, was £103

still a bit more than what i wanted to spend but f** it

the guy fitted it ok, but when he took the battery cover off and saw components attached to it he was like wtf is all that? but all sorted !

Last edited:
havent drove the stilo all week went to start today and it really struggled and threw up asr airbag the usual stuff when the batts not healthy. But non the less it did start :p took it for a long drive and the battery is fine now. Better take it out a few times a week in this weather to stop the battery dying. But im getting a battery charger for xmas :p.

Yeah in the current weather (presuming its freezing in the rest of the UK because its not here) i wouldnt want to leave my car for more than 2 days without taking it for a drive.

Back