Technical DNX direct fit exhaust..... a GOD SEND!!!

Currently reading:
Technical DNX direct fit exhaust..... a GOD SEND!!!

mk85

Abarth Number 2......!
Hi all,

Just had my DNX direct replacement exhaust fitted to my 5 dr 2.4 stilo........... WOW:eek:!!! had it on the dyno after and on the garages track for a 0-60 test...

If anyone is umming and arghhing about wether it is worth getting one fitted... read on!

The look - will post pics when i find out how to but looks good and no cutting into bumper needed.

The sound - Subtle, at low revs it has a nice burble so wont wake the neighbours and attract the bobbies.. most importantly, it doesnt sound like chav wagon!! At High revs however.......... F**k me, what a sound... the closest likeness is a harley davidson at 3500 revs then blends into a tuned race car at 6000+ revs ......... beautiful!!

The price - reasonable and took the garage about 25 minutes to fit.

The performance - Increased BHP by 12. The gear changes are FLAWLESS and i am not just being byist... they really are smoother than a babies bum!!

The Ride - before the car felt like it was always pulling, lots of torque etc but as the gears change there was a lag and then it would kick in.... now it just keeps going.. it just flys!0-60 took 5.6 seconds. didnt have enough money to pay for the 0-100 test... (n). The only mods i have are the new exhaust and a few k&n intakes/filters etc - no more than £550 in engine mods.

Bottom line, all of the negatives that came with a selespeed gearbox have vanished altogether (apart from the actual manual aspect of course (y)) and i am eargily awaiting a track day or a race with one of you 3dr abarth lads/ladettes!!

Hi all,

Just had my DNX direct replacement exhaust fitted to my 5 dr 2.4 stilo........... WOW:eek:!!! had it on the dyno after and on the garages track for a 0-60 test...

If anyone is umming and arghhing about wether it is worth getting one fitted... read on!

The look - will post pics when i find out how to but looks good and no cutting into bumper needed.

The sound - Subtle, at low revs it has a nice burble so wont wake the neighbours and attract the bobbies.. most importantly, it doesnt sound like chav wagon!! At High revs however.......... F**k me, what a sound... the closest likeness is a harley davidson at 3500 revs then blends into a tuned race car at 6000+ revs ......... beautiful!!

The price - reasonable and took the garage about 25 minutes to fit.

The performance - Increased BHP by 12. The gear changes are FLAWLESS and i am not just being byist... they really are smoother than a babies bum!!

The Ride - before the car felt like it was always pulling, lots of torque etc but as the gears change there was a lag and then it would kick in.... now it just keeps going.. it just flys!0-60 took 5.6 seconds. didnt have enough money to pay for the 0-100 test... (n). The only mods i have are the new exhaust and a few k&n intakes/filters etc - no more than £550 in engine mods.

Bottom line, all of the negatives that came with a selespeed gearbox have vanished altogether (apart from the actual manual aspect of course (y)) and i am eargily awaiting a track day or a race with one of you 3dr abarth lads/ladettes!!

where you get it? and im not putting a dampna on it or anything but 12bhp?? and 0-60 from 8.5 to 5.6, just from exhaust i seriously doubt, thats a 2.9sec decrease???

even so, where you get it?? im intreeged, you need an RR day mate, just to see, so you should now be running 182, and there is no way a 1.3ton stilo with 182bhp is gona do sub 6 sec to 60, please provide proof(y)

that is exactly what i thought when they told me the results!!

i have just been chatting with them so they can send me the read outs in a pdf to upload, there is one thing i did not know about my car (bought it second hand in june), they said it has had an ecu remap by maxtorque in december last year, just had a look and there is a plate under the bonnet they put on with the previous read out after their remap . . . . 181BHP, so it seems that the performance increase was not as good as i originally thought from the exhaust but has made a slight difference. BHP read out earlier is 189 BHP - previous was 177bhp before the k&n (typhoon) intake which must have made a difference, tied with the air filter

Had a look on the net, i may have one of the quickest 5 dr stilos on the planet!!! going to take it to a track day and get a video with a time read out for a standing quarter mile. .. very intrigued myself!!

www.dnxperformance.com

www.max-torque.com.uk

that is exactly what i thought when they told me the results!!

i have just been chatting with them so they can send me the read outs in a pdf to upload, there is one thing i did not know about my car (bought it second hand in june), they said it has had an ecu remap by maxtorque in december last year, just had a look and there is a plate under the bonnet they put on with the previous read out after their remap . . . . 181BHP, so it seems that the performance increase was not as good as i originally thought from the exhaust but has made a slight difference. BHP read out earlier is 189 BHP - previous was 177bhp before the k&n (typhoon) intake which must have made a difference, tied with the air filter

Had a look on the net, i may have one of the quickest 5 dr stilos on the planet!!! going to take it to a track day and get a video with a time read out for a standing quarter mile. .. very intrigued myself!!

www.dnxperformance.com

www.max-torque.com.uk

cheers mate, its just that mine with 200bhp would only crack 60 in just under 7:confused:

you need to come to an rr day, then we can take the typhoon off and give it a propper induction kit(y):p

I am fearing the rusting but for now i am in heaven. red-devil, i dont think it will carry on with much oomf after 75mph, think it would just be a standard 2.4 but the work done is all for the accelleration. thought it more sensible as after 70 mph if the bobbies are out they will nab me again, but they cant for flying off the line! the torque is currently a bit much, car is struggling to put the power onto the road from the off, wheel spinning like a sod but i think that is my driving, they managed it well enough earlier.

i agree, the typhoon isnt the best and when i get some cash will be looking to do it up a bit more, the goal being 200BHP like yours and a quicker 0-60 however possible. for a 5dr i am very happy.... would love to smash a schumy!!!

i cant explain it but will prove it when i get the read outs, i am going to give a mate a race with a golf r32 later on and will see how it copes against it. will get video to.

okay.. now for the i feel like a **** bit... read out 0-60 - 6.4 secs - the 5.6 secs was the read out for 0-50................ BOLLO**s. so red-devil it would seem you were right... and now i am gutted as well as embrassed !! maybe i wont race you after all!!! the torque is 274NM though!!!

okay.. now for the i feel like a **** bit... read out 0-60 - 6.4 secs - the 5.6 secs was the read out for 0-50................ BOLLO**s. so red-devil it would seem you were right... and now i am gutted as well as embrassed !! maybe i wont race you after all!!! the torque is 274NM though!!!

Thats still very quick..
astra VXR quik! :confused:

Back