IMG_11651.JPG

Grande Punto DlightSwitch's Blue T-Jet.

Introduction

Hi all,

After reading these forums for a while and posting the odd silly question here and there, I'm proud to say I finally own a T-Jet :D:D

Standard for now but I do have plans for it:

Looks

• Tinted tail lights
  • Tinted/Abarth headlights
  • Black Mirrors
  • Black Alloys
Handling

• Coilovers (Either JOM or FK AK)

Performance

• Forge Induction
  • Forge Intercooler
  • Abarth Turbo
  • Some sort of custom exhaust

I'm open to suggestions though, if any of you have any ideas on what else/different to do to my car then feel free to let me know :)

Thanks for looking!
Had the car on the rolling road today for a bit of adjustment for the car to make the most out of the new modifications I've fitted.
IMG_61231.JPG

IMG_61071.JPG

IMG_61031.JPG

Here's the new graph (y)
IMG_6133.JPG

That's 180.6PS for those of you without super eyes. Red line is the new one.
Not a huge gain in peak power, but the graph itself has definitely improved, especially in the lower RPMs, and the car feels a lot smoother to drive. It's also a nice safe figure, AFR and injector cycles are all at safe levels :)

Last edited:
Hi
Ilike your wheels, what are the make? and where from?
thanks
stz

Just read through your thread, and I must say the car looks Superb! and I bet it performs well too!

I have similar mods to you and have just purchased a Forge Actuator, did you experience any problems whilst fitting yours? Mine doesn't seem to line up correctly...

Any help would be appreciated....Thanks

Just read through your thread, and I must say the car looks Superb! and I bet it performs well too!

I have similar mods to you and have just purchased a Forge Actuator, did you experience any problems whilst fitting yours? Mine doesn't seem to line up correctly...

Any help would be appreciated....Thanks

The holes are poorly located, i had to drill out one of the holes so it lined up with the mounts on the turbo housing.

Yes, mine is the same, although after this the rod on the actuator does not line up with the attachment on the turbo.

It does, its adjustable and you need to apply about 2-3mm of preload on the actuator. By setting the adjuster so you have to pull it out and pop it into the wastegate arm

Yes, mine is the same, although after this the rod on the actuator does not line up with the attachment on the turbo.

GymJunkie is right, I didn't re drill mine though, I just fitted it with one bolt through one hold, and made sure it was very tight. It's never moved to this day so it's fine.

Like he says, the rod is adjustable, just twist it by the end and it should get shorter/longer, then just experiment (if you've got a boost gauge) and set the preload to what you're happy with!

Back