Technical DIY: Wire remote back-door opening

Currently reading:
Technical DIY: Wire remote back-door opening

Other possibility is to fit central locking motor to rear door mechanism and use switch from electric windows to control it. Motor needs 1s pulse to open/close. My y10 has central locking at rear door, that gave me idea ;). But it only locks/unlocks, it doesnt open.

I think you'll need a popper which is different. Needs more power than normal C/L because of the type of mecheism. I could be wrong though. (y)

If it helps you at all chaps, the pre-facelift (uglybug) Multipla had an internal boot release. Simple lever and cable mechanism.

Like all things Multi though, it could play up a bit..........

The facelifts don't have an internal release, strangely enough. :p

Panda.

If it helps you at all chaps, the pre-facelift (uglybug) Multipla had an internal boot release. Simple lever and cable mechanism.

Like all things Multi though, it could play up a bit..........

The facelifts don't have an internal release, strangely enough. :p

Panda.

Thats because it's not as ugly! they only put the internal release in so you had to spend less time looking at the actual car!

:eek: Don't laugh, you'll only encourage him, you buggers! Lol. ;)

I don't know, I lower my standards to come over here and give sound advice to you lot with 'old' cars and all I get is abuse! :p

With attitudes like this I am now thinking that I should not ask advice on the ICE section about my head units inability to play my Nolan Sisters CD loud enough.......:p :D (y)

:eek: Don't laugh, you'll only encourage him, you buggers! Lol. ;)

I don't know, I lower my standards to come over here and give sound advice to you lot with 'old' cars and all I get is abuse! :p

With attitudes like this I am now thinking that I should not ask advice on the ICE section about my head units inability to play my Nolan Sisters CD loud enough.......:p :D (y)

What. I've a newer car also! And my head unit has the ability to play my Bernie Nolan album very loud! :p

Multiplas aren't ugly. They're "different" ;)

Have to say I thought they looked ridiculous when they first came out, but now I really like their wacky styling. I wouldn't mind one myself (y)

:DGood man. Anyway, look, just so we don't get spanked for going off topic here I reiterate that all this Multipla stuff started cos I promise that the uglybug did have interior boot release, manual cable.(y)

the Y10 latch isn't exactly what you'd call a straight swap either. Got a week off work now so I'll try and get some pics up of mine but it's a fairly elaborate project. Done on mine just 'cos the old latch gave up the ghost and the Y10 was still lying around at that point.
Andrew.

Back