Technical Distributor timing ut 1.4 racing

Currently reading:
Technical Distributor timing ut 1.4 racing

Sotogun

Hello folks,

I'm wondering if anyone knows if there should be a timing mark on the distributor pulley, because i think im a tooth off. When I'm accelerating and the turbo spools, after letting off the gas, i get backfires. Car starts normally most of the time, except a few times that it takes some seconds cranking. Any suggestions?

Hello folks,

I'm wondering if anyone knows if there should be a timing mark on the distributor pulley, because i think im a tooth off. When I'm accelerating and the turbo spools, after letting off the gas, i get backfires. Car starts normally most of the time, except a few times that it takes some seconds cranking. Any suggestions?
Did you solve the issue man? I am new to the forum (I have posted my question here: https://www.fiatforum.com/threads/n...odule-rotor-and-coil-urgent-guys-help.503172/ and I would appreciate letting others know or chiming in). If not, unbolt the distributor clamp bolt and move it slightly to the left or right. But before moving it, mark the position of the dizzy's bofy so that you can return back if something goes wrong. I suggest you having a timing light to inspect timing at idle and observe it while engine is being revved...

If moving the distributor does not help, then look at your spark plugs, look for intake manifold leaks. Let us know.

Best most accurate timing mark is on the flywheel.

Look at the top of the gearbox bell housing next to block/head and you will seet a rectangular black rubber plug. Pull this out and you will see three notches on the bell housing. The is also a notch in the outer edge of the flywhee.

The bell housing right hand notch is o deg./TDC. Then 5 and then 10 degrees to the left.

Back