Technical Discussion Thread: Airbag Seat Wiring

Currently reading:
Technical Discussion Thread: Airbag Seat Wiring

Re: Airbag Failure Warning & the orange connectors.. What else?

If you cant resolve the problem by Decks guide then I strongly suggest you think about getting the modified connectors.Pricey at £30 plus fitting (dealer fit only) but would put end to the problem once & for all.

Side Airbag failure (help!)

New repair method released by Fiat for repair of side airbag wiring.

Hi,
where am I going to find this? My driver side airbag is failing and I need to get rid of that stupid warning.
Cheers,
Steve

Sorry if I am being a complete idiot.

I have the same problem and read the guide to try and fix it.

I have an '03 stilo multiwagon and for the life of me cannot find the connector. I have taken the front panel off the seat and had a good look with the torch but cant find the orange connector. There are a few white ones and some odd metal cylinder (?power seat motor).

All I have managed to do is cover my stilo with blood after cutting my finger on something under the seat.

Could anyone elaborate where 'under the seat' it is and if it is in a different place on a multiwagon.

Well i'd guess it's in the same place on the powered seat versions. You probably just haven't found the release clip as the whole tray with connectors on then rotates out for easy access.

ab conn driv side.JPG
Here's the driver's side on mine. The release clip is at the top in this picure

It's probably got the same yellow protective sleeving over the wiring so find that and follow it through

Last edited:
Thanks,

I went and had another look but tried putting the seat forward and looking under the seat from the back. The thing you were talking about was hidden behind the seat motor.

Unfortunately it looks like the previous owner has had a go at fixing it with cable ties and tape so it might take a while to get to it.

Thanks.
Andy

I tried all the fixes and they are not working, so I assume its the OCS. Is there a way to bypass this circuit so I dont have to shell out for another useless piece of crap.?

Ta

Thanks,

I went and had another look but tried putting the seat forward and looking under the seat from the back. The thing you were talking about was hidden behind the seat motor.

Unfortunately it looks like the previous owner has had a go at fixing it with cable ties and tape so it might take a while to get to it.

Thanks.
Andy

My 52 plate also had cable ties securing it, quick snip, et voila

Well i'd guess it's in the same place on the powered seat versions. You probably just haven't found the release clip as the whole tray with connectors on then rotates out for easy access.

View attachment 39816
Here's the driver's side on mine. The release clip is at the top in this picure

It's probably got the same yellow protective sleeving over the wiring so find that and follow it through

hi, deckchair. top guide
i'm probably going over old ground, but i have cleaned the under seat connectors, with no change and will now check/clean the one in the glove box. if that doesn't work do you think it's the OCS? what i get is both the yellow airbag indicators(passenger and side?) flashing as if they are turned off (i have switched them off and on again to check) and the main red airbag warning as well. also, i have ordered the the diagnostic software (ebay), but before i go and invest in the correct cabling, have you had any experience of these, i.e. can i f@*k the computer up if i press a wrong button while running the diagnostics? are these things a big NO in the first place? it looks pretty comprehensive and i will read the instructions first!

Have you tried the airbag connector in the rear of the car, over the rh wheel arch?

Yellow warning light flashing for a few moments is normal for the OCS and shows it's detecting the passenger seat load

Pressing the wrong button is never a good idea but with diagnostics gear you are largely reading data and not inputting

Have you tried the airbag connector in the rear of the car, over the rh wheel arch?

Yellow warning light flashing for a few moments is normal for the OCS and shows it's detecting the passenger seat load

Pressing the wrong button is never a good idea but with diagnostics gear you are largely reading data and not inputting

blimey, these things are everywhere! cheers, i'll have a look

hi. i can't find this one over the wheel arch> mine is the estate model. i probably didin't make that clear - long night......
thanks again

Hi

Sorry I am no good with cars I have recently got a Fiat Stilo and had a new clutch fitted. Afterwards I now keep getting the airbag failure signal on the dashboard. Does this mean that the airbag won't work??? Or could it be that the connectors were messed up during the clutch fitting?

Extremely likely to be just a coincidence that it started giving warnings after your clutch change. There's nothing much that's touched with a clutch change that will affect the airbag system apart from the seat being moved

It's warning that something isn't right with the airbag system and the best way is to go through any easy cures as explained in the Stilo Guides first but if all else fails then a diagnostic carried out specifically on the airbag system will narrow down where the problem lies

Back