Technical Disabling abs light

Currently reading:
Technical Disabling abs light

ROJ

The ABS light in my barchetta is always on.. I failed the braking test at the traffic department because of that light... How can i switch off that light is there a fuse to remove?

Also, Where can i download a barchetta maintenance guide? Does anyone have torrents i could share? as Most torrent sites are blocked at my place...

Help much appreciated,
Cheers,
ROJ

From memory of previous threads it costs around 50 quid to get the light turned off and once its fixed you should avoid adjusting your seat while the engine is on at is strain on a cable that can cause the problem.
Hope that helps.
xS

I don't know whats wrong with my abs system.. I just want to temporarily turn the light off so that the car can pass the braking test... I was thinking there is a fuse of some sort that i could remove but apparently things are much more complicated based on: :D

Once its fixed you should avoid adjusting your seat while the engine is on at is strain on a cable that can cause the problem.

From memory of previous threads it costs around 50 quid to get the light turned off and once its fixed you should avoid adjusting your seat while the engine is on at is strain on a cable that can cause the problem.
Hope that helps.
xS
Τhats for the Airbag light.

ABS light will go off when the problem is fixed. Does the light come on when you first start the car before you have moved, or does the light come on after driving the car for five mins?

Light on from start up when you turn the key is the ABS fault on system test so is a sensor or main unit issue. If the light comes on after a few mins of driving then its a wheel sensor not reading the wheel rotation.

Its always on, when & when not moving...

just temporarily unplug the bulb until you pass the braking test ... :D

you did not replace your rear/brake lights with LEDbulbs?

I did over the w-e, all fine.. except, when the (head)lights are on and i brake, the ABS light goes on, and does not go off untill i actually stop and cut the engine and contact.
If i dont switch on the lights, then it all works fine...

I think i'll have to go back to using ordinary bulbs and not those cheap HongKong LED brake bulbs

dodgy italian electrics :bang:

LRB , did you not change your brakebulbs to LEDbulbs also?

True... Whenever i press the brake pedal, the dash lights dim a bit...
I already have a friend who is selling his barchetta cuz the ECU is giving him problems...

Scares me about the future of my fiat...

True... Whenever i press the brake pedal, the dash lights dim a bit...
I already have a friend who is selling his barchetta cuz the ECU is giving him problems...

Scares me about the future of my fiat...

I think there is enough knowledge on here to help you fix any little problem (y)

As for dodgy Italian electrics, a slight 'hiccup' on mine resulted in the brake lights coming on every time I depressed the clutch pedal - I had to get the Fiat garage to trace it and it turned out that the hard top wiring was the cause if the problem. Possibly not the first on the list to check :confused:

ABS light will go off when the problem is fixed. Does the light come on when you first start the car before you have moved, or does the light come on after driving the car for five mins?

Light on from start up when you turn the key is the ABS fault on system test so is a sensor or main unit issue. If the light comes on after a few mins of driving then its a wheel sensor not reading the wheel rotation.
Can you help with ABs problems? It Is permanently on and no Fiat garage has the software to fix it?

Back