Dirty Inside Windscreen

Currently reading:
Dirty Inside Windscreen

Hey guys, my windscreen inside the car is constantly dirty and I've tried cleaning it with everything, window cleaner, car window anti fog cleaner, polish, newspaper, water, etc.. and none of them work. it still has a 'film' of dirt I guess is the way to describe it, and it's not very visible in the day but at night when other cars lights shine on it, it's hard to see sometimes.

Any advice on what I could use to clean it with?

Cheers

My local filling station had some wipes that worked wonders, although it took a couple of goes.(y)

And before Dave hollers, I don't smoke, no one has in the car since I have had it.
However I do have my blowers normally on the screen and set for fresh air, not recirculated - you would be amazed at the crap that builds up on the screen over time.

Trev

I'm one of those guys who hate dirty windscreens, I'm forever cleaning them, but I'm surprised that the inside of yours seems to have some sort of film. A last resort is some sort of solvent cleaner, meths was mentioned as well. After this cleaning I find that an anti static glass cleaner does stave off the crap for a while.(y)

I found a bottle of meths under the sink and that did the trick.

I'm one of those guys who hate dirty windscreens, I'm forever cleaning them, but I'm surprised that the inside of yours seems to have some sort of film. A last resort is some sort of solvent cleaner, meths was mentioned as well. After this cleaning I find that an anti static glass cleaner does stave off the crap for a while.(y)

I was thinking something like meths or vinegar.

Any sort of cloth you'd reccomend I use with it?

A bloke i know who owns a windscreen company once told me to use Ammonia to get rid of it. Don't think it would smell very nice inside the car though.

Back