General Digital dash display

Currently reading:
General Digital dash display

Cycle Guy

Hi there can anyone confirm what information I should be able to scroll through on the digital display that is between the 2 clocks on a 2010 Ducato motorhome ? The one I really want to confirm is a outside ambient temperature as I believe a faulty one can cause a few running issues. I currently cannot see any outside temperature reading
Thanks

Hello,

As far as I know, there were several types of the displays. First of all, there are 2 sizes of the display itself (see attached photos 1&2). Then, what is displayed depends of the installed equipment. The easiest would be to reffer to the owner's manual. There should be one available in the download section of the forum. The positionning of the displayed elements will also vary depending of the van equipment / options. On the second attached photo the headlights position is being displayed on the right hand side. My displays shows it on the left, as the right hand side corner is reserved for natural gas level (photo 3).

The outside temperature, if available, should be present in the left bottom corner. The function must be active, and the sensor must be connected and working. If the sensor is broken or disconnected, but the function is active, you'll see -- C or -- F.

The temperature sensor was default only with automatic AC. But it can be added and activated in MES. The location of the temperature sensor is bottom of the drivers' side mirror (see photo 4, marked with the red arrow).

Attachments

• 2018-04-06 090.jpg
    2018-04-06 090.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 31
  • display.JPG
    display.JPG
    44.8 KB · Views: 28
  • 2021-09-17 17.08.49.jpg
    2021-09-17 17.08.49.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 29
  • Lusterko.JPG
    Lusterko.JPG
    22 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:
Hello,

As far as I know, there were several types of the displays. First of all, there are 2 sizes of the display itself (see attached photos 1&2). Then, what is displayed depends of the installed equipment. The easiest would be to reffer to the owner's manual. There should be one available in the download section of the forum. The positionning of the displayed elements will also vary depending of the van equipment / options. On the second attached photo the headlights position is being displayed on the right hand side. My displays shows it on the left, as the right hand side corner is reserved for natural gas level (photo 3).

The outside temperature, if available, should be present in the left bottom corner. The function must be active, and the sensor must be connected and working. If the sensor is broken or disconnected, but the function is active, you'll see -- C or -- F.

The temperature sensor was default only with automatic AC. But it can be added and activated in MES. The location of the temperature sensor is bottom of the drivers' side mirror (see photo 4, marked with the red arrow).
Many thanks for the reply

Green vamper my displays this and it does not read any temperature readings. Do you happen to know what colour wires the sender connects to in the driver's door ?

Attachments

• IMG-20240206-WA0013.jpg
    IMG-20240206-WA0013.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 15
There's a youtube video, in Polish, but at around 8:30 the guy shows which pins he uses to connect to the connector located in the driver's step. There's also a photo at around 9:55. Apparently there are already wires from this connector to the body computer. But it is likely that your van won't have the wires running from this connector to the the doors if it was not equipped with the sensor ex-factory. My van didn't :( There are several versions of the wire looms depending on the installed equipment. It's quite easy to run the 2 wires from the step to the door :)

He's not using the standard Fiat sensor, but it doesn't matter.

The eLearn available from the download section here has all the diagrams + descriptions needed.

Thanks for the reply I did get a chance to have a look at my van today but did not have any luck getting a reading on my dash display. As the video is in polish I cant follow what is being spoken so I have a question for you green vamper and that is I see that he is using a laptop can you please confirm if I need to program this into the BCM ? Thanks

Attachments

• 1707347225435.jpg
    1707347225435.jpg
    5.8 MB · Views: 18
Thanks for the reply I did get a chance to have a look at my van today but did not have any luck getting a reading on my dash display. As the video is in polish I cant follow what is being spoken so I have a question for you green vamper and that is I see that he is using a laptop can you please confirm if I need to program this into the BCM ? Thanks
He's using a laptop with MultiEcuScan. But he used it only to activate this function in the van BCM. Your van has it active, as it displays the --C on the dash :) So, you don't need it for the moment.

As on yours you can see the --C on the dash, you have two options: or your temperature sensor is broken, or it is not connected to the BCM. I assume you have it, as I put a photo of a mirror with a sensor and you haven't commented that there isn't one on your mirror.

Is that a left side step on the photo? or the right side one? The sensor should be installed and connected on the side where the steering wheel + fusebox are. In my opinion. You won't find it on the other side.

I assume also your van is RHD...

Hi there yes my van is RHD and it does have a sender fitted in the driver side mirror but i think the mirror is a non Fiat replacement mirror. I have also purchased a new sender unit only and tried connecting this to the pins shown in the video but still did not get it to display the temp. so at bit of a loss as what to do to resolve this issue

You've connected it in the right side step?

Check if there are cables running from this plug (same pins) to the BCM. I can't remember which ones. And another thing - you've got a smaller display, I'd also check if the pins are the same, that also could have been changed by FIAT.

The eLearn module is available in the download section here - be sure it's the appropriate for your model / year.

I think that would be the best solution.

You've connected it in the right side step?

Check if there are cables running from this plug (same pins) to the BCM. I can't remember which ones. And another thing - you've got a smaller display, I'd also check if the pins are the same, that also could have been changed by FIAT.

The eLearn module is available in the download section here - be sure it's the appropriate for your model / year.

I think that would be the best solution.
Yes tried it in the right side step does the video state what pins are used at the BCM ? I will take a look at the eLearn module

@Cycle Guy ,

I do not wish to discourage you, but eLearn for the x250 models is a large file to download, and has a .rar extension, which means that you would need to unzip it.

The Ducato Training Manual is much shorter and can be used directly with a pdf reader. It comes in two versions, of which the longer one is for the 2.2, and 2.3 litre engines.

On page 124 of the longer file you will find a front layout of the BCM, note 52 way connector at lower LHS. The pinout for this connector starts at bottom of page 127, with pins 2 & 3 being allocated to external temperature sensor.

On page 139 of the manual, there are pictures of two versions of the instrument panel MODAL, and COMFORT. Apparently the MODAL version does not display external temperature.

@Cycle Guy ,

I do not wish to discourage you, but eLearn for the x250 models is a large file to download, and has a .rar extension, which means that you would need to unzip it.

The Ducato Training Manual is much shorter and can be used directly with a pdf reader. It comes in two versions, of which the longer one is for the 2.2, and 2.3 litre engines.

On page 124 of the longer file you will find a front layout of the BCM, note 52 way connector at lower LHS. The pinout for this connector starts at bottom of page 127, with pins 2 & 3 being allocated to external temperature sensor.

On page 139 of the manual, there are pictures of two versions of the instrument panel MODAL, and COMFORT. Apparently the MODAL version does not display external temperature.
Many Thanks and yes the eLearn file was giving me a bit of trouble to download and open I was not able to get it to open. But like you suggested I was able to open the 2 files you mentioned

So If my display does not support temp display is it possible to swap it out with the COMFORT display without having any issues ?

Last edited:
Back