Technical Diesel pump - what makes it work?

Currently reading:
Technical Diesel pump - what makes it work?

bquest

I need to find out ... what makes the diesel pump work? is it the electricity or something mechanical in it? or is there anything electrically operated in diesel pump?

please help me on this :worship: .. cuz this could lead to fixing of beloved Uno diesel

Just remember that they are timed to the engine or youll get ****ty running if it isnt or no runnning at all.

Be careful as diesels operate at very very high pressure compared to petrols!

Youll be dead in about 5 mins if diesel is injected into you body!

why would it be injected in my body :) ? hehe .. thanks for the post .. i still dont want to change the timing on it .. cuz i would first like to check the timing with some device or any legitimate method.. garages over here don't wanna touch Fiat's engines.. so i at the moment i am stuck in the middle of no 'fiat service' land.. with the same problem :(

bquest said:
why would it be injected in my body :) (

Direct injection diesels produce up to 2200 PSI of pressure,leave a pipe slightly undone and a jet of diesel & air can pierce right through your body...air in bloodstream is not good!
Any metal pipes/fittings must be replaced on direct injection diesels if undone & theres no 'slackening off a injector pipe to see if fuel is getting up' allowed on D.I. engines.However if it's for your old Uno I think you should be ok as pressure wont be anywhere near this high.

T14086 said:
Direct injection diesels produce up to 2200 PSI of pressure,leave a pipe slightly undone and a jet of diesel & air can pierce right through your body...air in bloodstream is not good!
Any metal pipes/fittings must be replaced on direct injection diesels if undone & theres no 'slackening off a injector pipe to see if fuel is getting up' allowed on D.I. engines.However if it's for your old Uno I think you should be ok as pressure wont be anywhere near this high.

Oooooh I beg to differ... Still going to be at huge pressure - not 2200PSI but still enough to break the skin... Be careful!

T14086 said:
Are they saying that is the pressure in the rail though or from the pump?

i would guess if the pump if blasting this stuff out that hard, the rail it feeds can't be that far off, perhaps slight internal diameter changes would alter the pressure in certain points?

That 2200 BAR pressure is from the injection pump to the injector via the highpressure line, any where before that is considered to be safe (Well 2-3 BAR).

But new diesels are now using injection system that is the same as petrol (Soleniod injectors, ECU controlled, etc) but still need a pump to create that 2200 BAR of pressure but new diesels run at much higher pressure, dependant of the manfacture tho.

Diesels in principle work very similer to petrols but burns the fuel/air mixture very diffrently and will soon overtake petol for good! doh!

Doesnt matter what diesel it is, it will still kill!!

Back