Technical Diesel coil light problem .

Currently reading:
Technical Diesel coil light problem .

punto person

My coil light in the dash is not timing out as long as it should . So there for the glow plugs are not heating up enough for it to start up very easy . Does anybdy know what electrical component controls this and where it is .
Any help would be much appreciated cheers :)

Hi mate,

Mk1 or 2?? I will assume 2
When you say its not "timing out" do you mean the light is staying on?? or is it flashing? Or is it not coming on at all??

The control box for the glow plug heating system is located on the bulkhead just to the left of the diesel filter It is eld on with a single 10mm bolt.

Hope that helps,
Alan

Hi mate,

Mk1 or 2?? I will assume 2
When you say its not "timing out" do you mean the light is staying on?? or is it flashing? Or is it not coming on at all??

The control box for the glow plug heating system is located on the bulkhead just to the left of the diesel filter It is eld on with a single 10mm bolt.

Hope that helps,
Alan

Hi Alan .

It's a Mk1 , the coil light come's on like normall but just goes out way to fast . It's only staying on for about 3 seconds . I will go out and have a look to see if i change that part over as i kept all the spares off of the other car a broke up . Thank you for your help that's much apprecaited (y)

Cheers Dean :)

I had a good look and could not find the part you said about . Is it behind that silver foil stuff ? and is it defo to the left of the fuel filter ?

Cheers Dean .

Back