General dials

Currently reading:
General dials

stripey stilo

fitting this tomorow just wunderin if the screen will go through sat nav and show directions on it as standard or will i have to run seperate wires

Attachments

• P2190020.JPG
    P2190020.JPG
    916.3 KB · Views: 36
Somebody here had it fitted and got the sat nav indications on it no problem though you've retro fitted you sat nav havn't you??? In this case i shouldn't think it would work but who knows....

By the way, don't forget you'll have to go to the dealers to get rid of tha warnings that you'll get.
Best of luck and tell us how it goes!!!(y)

wil do. yeh i read up on it but i thought who ever else did it retro fitted there sat nav also.?
i also fitted steering wheel with buttons does any one know how to get them to work or wat extra i need.

Ello again stripey :)

Right, dials. Nice! If you come across another set LET ME HAVE THEM lol :p. Firstly, make sure that the mileage of the old set is less than your car's, or else the body computer will up your mileage (so I'm told).

Also, I don't know if it'll repeat the Sat Nav; when we installed it, we put a whole new dash loom in to pick up connector P20, which gave the Connect an extra CAN line feed. That may transmit directions onto the dashboard. You'll just have to see.

As for the steering buttons, as previously discussed, you'll need a new clockspring, and then they'll work (y)

Hope all goes well.

Yeah I had my dash replaced due to a scratch on the glass when the car was new. I spoke to the tech when he done the work and he said it was fairly simple and the longest part of the job was going through the settings to make sure they all matched up. But my car aleardy was an abarth with the connect nav+ so the job would have been a simple swap over as all the wiring would be in place.

Stuart DemonD said:
It was Mark KoArAnG who had it retro-fitted via the dealership - can't remember the reasons why now.

hi stu the clock spring does that just screw off as i should be able to get 1 for free.

with regaurds to dials and gettin another set il enquire about that one

if any one else wans steering wheel with buttons i can get 1 but it will have the padles on from the selespeed as it is off one

i cant spell the word its off the abarth with auto box will go on fine just have padles that wont work. am shaw some 1 else will explain in more detail

just went to take steering colum cover off and i cant get the top cover off does any one know if there any screws to hold it on behind the steering wheel cos i cant remember

yeh thats how i spelt it thought it was rite have you got any ideas on on the steering colum

The top cover is hel in place by two allen screws which are located very close to teh stearing wheel, They's not easy to see or to get too but they're there and can be taken out with a regular allen key and some patience!!
Good luck

Stilo Multijet 140bhp said:
The top cover is hel in place by two allen screws which are located very close to teh stearing wheel, They's not easy to see or to get too but they're there and can be taken out with a regular allen key and some patience!!
Good luck

just to be clear on this you dnt have to take off steering wheel.

and there just upin a little (crevis)....LOL :p :D
as you look up from underneath. in the footwel

No you don't heve to take the stearing wheel off. Just lie down in the footwell and look up and you'll be able to see the screws, they're right next to the stearing wheel itself.

Steering wheel will need to come off to change the column stalks though, but not for the dash. When you undo the two screws at the top, you'll need to unscrew the foam/fabric cover that covers the gap between the dash and the steering column when you have it fully out, as those two screws hold the instrument cluster in too.

It's pretty obvious once you get to it :)

fitted them today todayhad no problems til i turned key milege doesnt flash and my milage has gone down by 20000 which isnt bad.
the car had parking sensors so beep beep beep beep beep warning loose conection parking sensor falier.
and also cant change time
any ideas

They will still be setup as being in the now-deceased Stilo.

Once it's proxi-realigned, the mileage should go to what your car has, and it should have the fact that the car has no parking sensors and sat nav present setup. One would hope this anyway!!!

Back to FIAT for you stripey!

Back