Technical Gauges/dials not working!

Currently reading:
Technical Gauges/dials not working!

Jessicahjs

Ok, so i love my stilo! However, my gauges are playing up! They keeping cutting off and coming back on, but when they come back on they only last for a few moments :confused: this is the first major problem i've had with my stilo and i've had it for a year! I have read other threads relating to this issue, but none have been about the dash cutting off then back on, lasting for a few minutes, then cutting off again!

Its a 1.4 5dr 04 plate.. Can anyone help?

sounds like your cluster may need re-furbishing or the battery is low on charge or on its way out. if i were you i would charge the battery up and then see how it goes if you can rule out the battery then its the cluster for sure

My battery has died 3 times since i've had it.. Could it be that its the originally battery?

well you sort have answered your own question to be honest... the battery probably has a knackered cell, i got a bosch s5 on my wagon it was the best battery for the money (£66 delivered from www.cheapcarbatteriesonline.co.uk).

change that first and see if that solves the problem bearing in mind winter on its way. and then if that does not solve it then get the dash refurbished, my dads has gone and i have to send that out to someone, but there are a few places that repair the dash, and they charge between £80 and £155. i think i will try dashtec as they have done stilo's before and seem resonable priced.

Back