diagnostic connector

Currently reading:
diagnostic connector

erictiscoff

can someone please tell me where the diagnostic plug is on my 2001 multi jtd ? and what type of code reader would i buy for it and where from,just changed the crankshaft sensor again after 20,000 miles or so,want to clear any error codes and make life a bit easier in the future to diagnose problems.thanks for any help or replies.

you can find the socket under a plastic cover next to the bonnet pull, not sure on which reader as ive never looked into it...sure someone will help you with that soon

can someone please tell me where the diagnostic plug is on my 2001 multi jtd ? and what type of code reader would i buy for it and where from,just changed the crankshaft sensor again after 20,000 miles or so,want to clear any error codes and make life a bit easier in the future to diagnose problems.thanks for any help or replies.

As already stated, plug is by the bonet pop, under a piece of plastic.

Download fiatecuscan, and all recommended leads are listed for you!!! (y)

just out of curiosity how long are the crankshaft sensors supposed to last ?the last 1 i got was from fiat original component just over 20,000 miles and had to change it again seems strange,never had a car done this before.

ordered the vag lead off ebay it has a switch so you can check ABS - AIR BAGS as well only £12.00 hope it works and comes with a disk with fiatecuscan+usb driver.

I have copied this thread and brought a diagnostics obd2 machine on eBay it has arrived but won't plug straight in looks like a 16 pin job car is a 1.6 multipla 2000 reg states online any petrol after 1996 should work on and 2001 diesel models does any one have any idea on what I actually need

Back