General Design change?

Currently reading:
General Design change?

A friend of the OH has just bought a 2012 Bravo. They had a 2007 prior to this and had roof bars.
They removed the roof bars from the 2007 to put them on the new car, but say they won't fit.

Has there been some sort of alteration to the fitments for roof bars?

I've got the Fiat roof bars on my 2007 model, and they secure with screws into captive nuts just inside the door apertures. When I got them, they were not suitable for cars with the sunroof/skydome. If the new car has a sunroof, maybe the fixing points are nor there?

Sorry for the thread invasion, but i have bought roofbars OEM to fit my 2007 model and need to fit them next wkend for holiday, would you put some rubber under the feet that fit under the doors and the roof or leave alone? Also what are the screws you say you fit them too inside the doors?

I have a 2008 bravo with Thule roof bars. The foot pack simply slots into the holes on the underside of the roof within the door openings. You then secure using the inbuilt clamp mechanism. As for a change of design I would imagine they must have the skydome. It's unlikely the roof design of the car would change over its life as this is usually integral to the main safety structure of the car.

Thanks for the info Jay, i have noticed the screws now and see how they fit. Cheers (y)

I've got the Fiat roof bars on my 2007 model, and they secure with screws into captive nuts just inside the door apertures. When I got them, they were not suitable for cars with the sunroof/skydome. If the new car has a sunroof, maybe the fixing points are nor there?

Got OEM fiat bars fitted to my 2008 model with glass roof without issue :)

Sorry for the thread invasion, but i have bought roofbars OEM to fit my 2007 model and need to fit them next wkend for holiday, would you put some rubber under the feet that fit under the doors and the roof or leave alone? Also what are the screws you say you fit them too inside the doors?

Leave as it, bar camping arms are already rubber / plastic coated :)

OP, in what way do they not fit?

Back