Demo Vid of Falcon Evo 4+ Remote Start Alarm

Currently reading:
Demo Vid of Falcon Evo 4+ Remote Start Alarm

justus3

Helped a friend and customer out today with the fitting of some lowering springs and a straight through exhaust to his Astra... he'd also had the Falcon Predator Ev04+ remote start system from me and had it fitted that week....

Did a quick video of the remote start in operation. Film starts with showing how the system turns the ignition on, then starts the car (Hazards flash to indicate car is in remote start mode). It then moves on to show my mates brother (we decided he was the better looking one out of all of us!) opening the car door with the system in operation and how upon sensing the door opening the alarm shuts down and immobilises the engine and sets the alarm siren off.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-3532139930421907656

Also did one showing him operating the remote to start the car and the last vid shows just how loud the straight through Remus centre section has made the car! These are still awaiting approval from GoogleVids so keep checking!

Its basically a picture of a car and when something is set off on the alarm the pager beeps at you and shows you whats been set off, ie motion sensor @ rear of car, boot opened etc etc

vmod91_pagerremote.jpg

pics below of the bonnet sensor switch

bonnet_switch.JPG

the alarm siren (is very small but @ 118 db sounds very loud!)

siren.JPG

and the pager sender unit (see bottom left hand side of windscreen)

pager_receiver_transmitter.JPG

Trancendental said:
Do they install ANY alarm system for that price?

Guide Prices:

Basic Car Alarm £80
Basic Car Alarm with central locking £105
Alarm with remote engine start £150
Thatcham Cat 1 Alarm £130
Thatcham Cat 2 Immobiliser £75

Note an additional fee of £20 may be applied to the fitting fee if a call out service is required.

We can install all brands of alarm: Falcon, Toad, Sigma, Laserline, Meta, Scorpion, Auto Watch, GT, Cobra, Microscan, Gemini and more...

Their website answers your question!

justus3 said:
Guide Prices:

Basic Car Alarm £80
Basic Car Alarm with central locking £105
Alarm with remote engine start £150
Thatcham Cat 1 Alarm £130
Thatcham Cat 2 Immobiliser £75

Note an additional fee of £20 may be applied to the fitting fee if a call out service is required.

We can install all brands of alarm: Falcon, Toad, Sigma, Laserline, Meta, Scorpion, Auto Watch, GT, Cobra, Microscan, Gemini and more...

Their website answers your question!

Fook man I got ripped off.... ah well live and learn aye!

i was looking at this alarm on ebay for £65 BIN. but fitting is a b*tch. my dads old mate owned Huets car audio (done tony matthews cinq ice) so may have to get the alarm and see if a few pints is enough for fitting ;)

love the idea though but for that price comparing to the equivalent clifford (probably £800+ fitted, as a friend got charged) there must be some setbacks to it??

Craig

TBH I've not had any 'comebacks' on the Alarm. The prices that the ebay seller is selling at seem to be very low, which makes me think he's getting the kit imported from the US, which may cause warranty and also fitting problems if the kit is different spec to the UK kit.

Dan, who had the alarm fitted in his Astra (the demo vid one) ended up paying over £300 for fitting as the fitter was not approved by Falcon and made a few mistakes. A few phonecalls to Falcon by myself and the fitting problems were sorted out (basically the installer didn't have a clue). Thats why I recommmend a different 'mobile/come to your house/workplace' installation company that are falcon approved.

Back