General Decisions....

Currently reading:
General Decisions....

Quote included all mods,over the phone.

10 hrs ago? thats when you first posted you'd checked insurance

Thats approx 1/2am in the morning! which insurance company is available at 1/2am to conduct business?

Either way you did well especially in this climate, either that or you are old

Last edited:
i have a Sei, and iv just had to replace a rear wheel baring and it cost me £35, i just thought this information might help :)

10 hrs ago? thats when you first posted you'd checked insurance

Thats approx 1/2am in the morning! which insurance company is available at 1/2am to conduct business?

Either way you did well especially in this climate, either that or you are old

Checked the insurance on go compare last night,got a call from e-car insurance about half an hour after.I didnt come running on here and post that id got an insurance quote straight away.

chap on the phone said youre allowed upto 6 modifications that arent a factory option.So im guessing abarth wheels would be passable.

Speedlines were an optional extra with the abarth kit I believe.I think they said they were from ecar ming.I have 5 years ncb and pass plus.

Speedlines were an optional extra with the abarth kit I believe.I think they said they were from ecar ming.I have 5 years ncb and pass plus.

The Speedlines were an optional extra, but only in 13". Fabien's old Cinq (the eBay one) looks to have 14s. I wouldn't be surprised if it had 257mm front brakes fitted. Nothing on that car could be strictly considered optional extras.

What's the asking price of the grey Cinq in the OP?

The Speedlines were an optional extra, but only in 13". Fabien's old Cinq (the eBay one) looks to have 14s. I wouldn't be surprised if it had 257mm front brakes fitted. Nothing on that car could be strictly considered optional extras.

What's the asking price of the grey Cinq in the OP?

Lets hope the insurance company dont see it that way!Ill happily pay the extra though,ive been hit by an uninsured driver before and it was a right mess to sort out so id never dream of not declaring mods.

£850 chaos.

Does anyone have any more information on the liveried 1242 conversion cinq?Ive read old posts on it over at cc just wondering if anyones seen it recently and what nicks its in!

Hey Luke I've helped in making your decision mate.. taken simone off being for sale as I want to wait til april and for the cost of an m.o.t either sell her with 12 months ticket or break/sell for spares repairs.

Used that M.O.T. history checker previously mentioned and found some worrying advisories concerning spring corrosion and rear subframe corrosion..

Not happy but I did rush into buying the car on sheer looks alone (first car n all that :rolleyes:) and have had a very enjoyable 9 months motoring out of it :)

Basically I don't wanna sell a duffer without first inspecting it and being happy about selling it, I want whoever to buy her (hopefully with 12 months mot in april!) to have the same cinq experiance I've had and not buy a money pit.

So in april if anyones interested they will prob be a broom yellow abarth kitted cinq for sale or a load of bits

Sorry to have wasted anyones time, hears hoping it passes in april and another cinq avoids the scrapyard

Steve

No problem Steve and thanks for the update.Hopefully shell get through the MOT in april and the missus will forget you ever wanted to sell it!

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
Yer its far from perfect but its only an hour or so from home so worth a look,going to see another in stockport at the same time,was up for £395 from a dealer 2 weeks ago,sold,and is now back up at the same dealer for £595.No idea whats going on with that but its worth a look non the less.

Blue one has a nasty looking dent on the drivers side sill,any thoughts on that folks,visible in a couple of the photos.

yeah, looks like its been rubbed against a post or high kerbing, the bottom of the side panel has a shallow dent as a result, as the seller says it should not affect MOT but its best to seek advice from an MOT centre/garage

the seller should really have posted more detailed pics of the dent

Back