General Decisions....

Currently reading:
General Decisions....

foggy89

Ok,ive been looking for a good month now for a cinq whilst putting some money together and seeing what comes up for sale.

There are 2 im interested in that are right at the top end of my budget.Both are a fair few hours drive away so im trying to decide which is going to be best to go and have a look at.

First up we have the abarth kitted broom yellow in the classifieds,the chap who owns it Steve has sent me lots of photos and information and has obviously looked after the car.Its on 86k miles and needs the coolant topping up every couple of weeks aswell as the odd drip of oil from the sump.Couple of months tax and test.

The second option is a grey,1 owner from new 52k mile sporting.It has 12 months mot but no tax.The orange trim looks to have peeled so thatd be a minor job that needs fixing,the only advisory on its mot was offside rear wheel bearing.

Two very different chinks and a tricky decision.

I realise its impossible to properly judge them without seeing them but id like peoples initial reactions before spending money travelling to see them.

Thanks,

Luke

cinqs with the abarth kits are becoming rarer and rarer these days. and yellow is by far the best colour. the issues seem to be minor as well and wouldnt need major fixing. grey one would be quick and easy to get into but whats the fun in that.. i say yellow abarth all the way

cinqs with the abarth kits are becoming rarer and rarer these days. and yellow is by far the best colour. the issues seem to be minor as well and wouldnt need major fixing. grey one would be quick and easy to get into but whats the fun in that.. i say yellow abarth all the way

Ask them both for the MOT cert number and look up the MOT history back to 2005 on the VOSA website. Shows mileage at test, who did it, what was failed on and what advisories were issued.

12 Month MOT is good if its from a 'good' MOT station.........

I check autotrader,ebay and pistonheads a few times a day,seems like slim pickings most of the time.Seems the scrappage scheme hit the centos hard.

I check autotrader,ebay and pistonheads a few times a day,seems like slim pickings most of the time.Seems the scrappage scheme hit the centos hard.

add retrorides and gumtree to the list ..........

detailed photos of the afforementioned car...

[ame="http://s961.photobucket.com/albums/ae95/stevo85_2010/"]Pictures by stevo85_2010 - Photobucket[/ame]

One bit of rust where it looks like a screw hole used to be.

Thats not the word photobucket up there is it:eek:

Mods will go berzerk!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Run and hide before you get your ass kicked, points fined banned and what ever they do

detailed photos of the afforementioned car...

P1010016.JPG

One bit of rust where it looks like a screw hole used to be.
aaaaah thats better (y)

check your insurance to see what it would cost for a modified car before jumping to any descisions

Checked insurance on the 1.2 conversion.About £150 more than standard which is something ill have to budget in.

Theres not only that, theres the alloys, induction, exhaust, the seats, the fact its a 2 seater, just some of the items that arent standard, i suggest checking again including all those (plus more more than likely) that have been suggested

Back