Decisions Decisions

Currently reading:
Decisions Decisions

:chin: I cant decide...

Basicaly i have the "53" plate Seicento sporting at the moment which i have had no problems with.Trouble is i use it more and more for motorway driving which is not ideal. So i am looking to replace it.

I do 9000 miles a year half duel caridgeway/motorway driving and half town driving

2 options are:

1) Fiat Grande Punto 1.4 active sport on a "06" plate 16,000 miles
or
0 Fiat Panda 100hp 1.4 on a "56" plate 900 miles ex demo car

I cant decide between them the comfort of the Punto or the sheer fun of the Panda !!!!

Panda every time. The grande with a 1.4 (especialy the active only being 8v i think) will be slow and boring. big car with a small engine never works. The sporting wouldnt be so bad mind but it wasnt a choice :)

The panda is gorgeous looking with a nice nippy engine to boot aswell. Easily the better car compared to the active...

Panda all the way Garry ..GP is a nice looking car but thats all it has got.. I even found it uncomfortable to drive ..and when water started peeing out between the skins of the boot that was it for us and the wife bought a new stilo ..she said now she wishes she has in the first place :)

Thats another spanner the dealer threw in the works by parking a very nice Stilo abarth next to the Panda when i saw it.
But i had my serious head on and thought of the running costs of the 2.4

Although the abath is a very nice car the way forward is JTD for easy power increase and economy ..the 1.8 can be tuned very easily and that goes for the smaller 1.6 like mine I can personaly vouch for the 1.4 because June has bought one ..Its also got the fire designed engine as well so no nastey cam belt problems when it snaps .a very under rated car is the stilo in general and the smaller engines are very under rated ..SO Run Stilo sounds good to :devil:

if your looking at a GP go for any of the diesels don't even think of the 1.2 i had one as a loaner and it was so underpowered i thought it was broken. The GP is more practical than the panda because of it's size. there are one or two 06 plate sportings knocking around now that might be worth a look

as for a stilo, unfortunatly the usual fiat problem accompanies them the bigger the fiat the bigger the depreciation (sorry stilo section) especially as it's replacement is heading this way soon

Last edited:
Panda (y)

GP :rolleyes:

Yes, the GP is a bit bigger and very pretty, but the Panda is a well sorted car - and cute too - whereas the GP seems, according to the Forum, to be annoying. Who needs an annoying car.

And the Panda is iconic and fun, and more economical....a no brainer I'd say.

GP should be no more comfortable than the Panda really

Nice choice!

Liam

You would be surprised, the Panda 100hp has a different suspension set up to normal Pandas ( very stiff suspension)

If i was doing all motorway driving I would have chosen the Punto

The GP has more of a big car feel. The Panda is great at just throwing into any corner without a worry.

Would love to take it on a track day - maybe one day

Back