Tuning Decat + Remap??

Currently reading:
Tuning Decat + Remap??

adam1987

has anyone decatted a t-jet?
I'm thinking about doing mine and was wondering if anybody had a video with what it sounds like and if theres any difference in performance?
Also has anyone had their t-jet remapped.... if so which company did it and what power gain did you get?

thanks adam

Will the rest of the exhaust be standard or do you already have a system on it? If its standard, i'd sort the rest of the exhaust before decatting as you are just making one part less restrictive when the rest will be the same. It will throw up an EML but this is because the lambda sensor will be telling the car the emissions are too high but it shouldnt put it in limp mode. You wont get past 155/160bhp on the standard turbo after map regardless of what other mods you have done. Mine did 152bhp after map and induction with 4k on the clocks.

Will the rest of the exhaust be standard or do you already have a system on it? If its standard, i'd sort the rest of the exhaust before decatting as you are just making one part less restrictive when the rest will be the same. It will throw up an EML but this is because the lambda sensor will be telling the car the emissions are too high but it shouldnt put it in limp mode. You wont get past 155/160bhp on the standard turbo after map regardless of what other mods you have done. Mine did 152bhp after map and induction with 4k on the clocks.

Sorry to intrude here guys, but i was talking to a mech friend about decating mine and he said cars running a decat can be fooled by running the lambda sensor into the bay ;)

Last edited:
I have a full cat back system on mine already and I've been told to get it decatted because as I'm sure people know a turbo will run better without any restrictions in the exhaust, however I'll speak to my brother whos a mechanic.
Also about the remap a friend gave me a buisness card for someone who comes to you to do it. He's got an Astra G 1.9cdti 150bhp and after the remap its now running
180ish bhp and all for £160.
Thats quite cheap but just wanted to do a bit of research before I give him a call... anyone had a remap where the guy comes to you and what warrenty comes with the remap?

cheers Adam

If he comes to you how do you know what your cars running? You need it on a rolling road before and after so that you can tweak it where needed and to see gains.

Thats what I thought I'd rather pay that bit extra and get it properly setup was just enquiring so a trip to red dot racing might be in order unless theres anywhere more local to warwickshire that anyone knows about.....

Back