Styling Debadging

Currently reading:
Styling Debadging

Skathomas94

Hi guys I wondering if any of the member on here have debadged there punto mk2 and was it worth it? If soo I looked at a few ways how to do it with a hair dryer heat gun ect is that the easiest way to do it?

Thanks

Yeh it does look worth it and with a hair dryer okay, is there like any household items I can use to get like the rest of the glue off and touch it up with?

Not really to be honest although wd40 would do it as i used this when i debadged the punto logo on the boot. you need very thin string or like dental floss also works.

for touch up if you really tight up on money go Asda and get there colour restore its something like £1.50 or something like that, i used it and it works wonders! Although I use t-cut now but asda colour restore is still great.

Benny

Okay thanks Benny going to have a go at it tomorrow, what logo is that on ur number plate?

Aww lol why would u get pulled? Because I got a private plate I have a welsh logo on mine and that was an option from dvla

good question :confused: i think its down to the styling of the number plate as it has a sort of emboss look to it but as i said ive driven around here and everywhere pretty much near feddies and they couldnt give a damn about me they got bigger fish to catch i suppose :p

are you welsh then? :)

benny

Last edited:
Just once in a while u get that really nasty cop and pulls u for something stupid like that, lmao u get them cops though, it like where I live I have a lot of speed bumps the ones where there's like two small bumps and I've seen somebody get pulled for going through the middle of them it's stupid you'd think they'd have something better to do like catch car thieves and that got plenty of them buggers in the area aswell.

aha i do that all the time cause i hate going over speed bumps :bang: i had to earlier as i went down this country road very narrow a few miles up speed bump after another quite big ones too! go over them slowly and you'll hear the suspension make that noise so cooool! (sorry easily amused :p).

benny

Haha, aww I hates them, I think my suspension is going so I try to dodge them as much as possible

I don't want to put your car at risk, but if you don't have any tar remover you can use paint remover to get rid of the residue glue.. I did mine with white spirit, as long as you only apply it lightly to a damp cloth and wash it off straight after it SHOULDN'T cause your paintwork any harm, but don't hold me to this :)

AJK

I don't want to put your car at risk, but if you don't have any tar remover you can use paint remover to get rid of the residue glue.. I did mine with white spirit, as long as you only apply it lightly to a damp cloth and wash it off straight after it SHOULDN'T cause your paintwork any harm, but don't hold me to this :)

AJK

Don't mistake "paint remover" with "paint stripper"! Nitro mores will strip it....

You can use wd40, petrol, lighter fuel, etc.

I,m a big fan of a little can of lighter fluid for these jobs

Good spot, I meant to say paint 'thinner'.. Guess I shouldn't watch TV whilst giving advice on using corrosive applicants on car bodywork... :eek:

Lighter fluid is a good one too, have used that in the past!

Hi guys where if taken the badges off you can see where they were my car is like a light blue colour I think it could be due to sunlight and its faded and were the badges have been it haven't faded. Any ideas?

Hi guys where if taken the badges off you can see where they were my car is like a light blue colour I think it could be due to sunlight and its faded and were the badges have been it haven't faded. Any ideas?

Yeah it happens when you take bumper strips off,you get that fade look to it. But in order to get rid of this will be t-cut (which will work best) but im sure theres cheaper alternatives,but i wouldnt get anythjng else than t-cut its the best :)

Benny

Okay thanks Benny, I posted a picture of my xenons aswell because you said you wanted to have a look at them

Back