Technical Dead interior fan.

Currently reading:
Technical Dead interior fan.

gullyfoyle

Hello good people, the cabin fan motor on my wife’s 4x4 2013 panda has died, anyone have any sage advice to offer on its replacement..
is it easily accessible or a pig, any pointers to part number or suitable replacement, there seems to be lots available but no idea which one to go for, prices seem to vary from ££ to £££.
Thanks in advance.

Has the fan died, or the control resistor overheated and blown its thermal fuse? I'll see if I can find an older post that shows where this is...
Thanks for getting back, the fan started operating sporadically, then in the last week it made some deathly noises and now refuses to come on at all.
When working the fan operated on all settings as normal, setting 2 has always been a little noisy from day one and hasn’t changed.

Thanks for getting back, the fan started operating sporadically, then in the last week it made some deathly noises and now refuses to come on at all.
Ah - OK. that sound like a dead fan then :)
I think there is only one type of fan that fits - the original is made by Denso.But can't find part number for it...

We had this issue in several of the works doblos some years ago. Although the fan may be different I don't doubt. They started going at 60k miles, squeaking Frist, then sounding like a Sopwith camel trying to take off.

Dissassble, clean, grease, reassemble, worked. Although, I did get my fingers sliced up in the process...

is it easily accessible or a pig, any pointers to part number or suitable replacement,
Fingers crossed I hope it like this

The is for a pre 2012

LHD RHD trim level aircon can all make a difference

Get a torch and read the label on it. Should have the fiat part number on it which will make your searching much easer

Thank you everyone, great detective work, part identified and available.😀
Had been told its a dash out job…😠 but it’s not😃
I‘m 70 with a wretched back, but I know a garage with a very small mechanic 👍👍

A postscript to my earlier reply - I was interrupted and forgot to attach this link. This is from the older 2005-2012 Panda forum and some things are slightly different on the post 2012 cars (in particular there is no longer a key-operated airbag switch) - but much if the gist of this still applies to remove the heater fan…
Post in thread 'Rattle from heater fan'
https://www.fiatforum.com/threads/rattle-from-heater-fan.138442/post-1451043

Back