Technical Dead bravo :(

Currently reading:
Technical Dead bravo :(

Rob bristol

Hi. I've got s bravo t-jet 1.5. 2008. This morning I can not get it to start. Seems to have power - clock. Internal lights etc but no dash board lights at all and it makes a fast clicking sound after a few seconds when you're not turning the key but ignition is on. like a shorting fuse. Checked all fuses and they're all good. Could it be a relay or the battery? I would really appreciate it if you have any thoughts as Ive got loads of meetings tomorrow... Thank you for reading and here's hoping you can help

Battery would be easiest solution, jump start or change battery and try to start before looking for a deeper problem, guessing you're probably on a battery that's 5+ years old and its not unusual for them to die.

Hi. I've got s bravo t-jet 1.5. 2008. This morning I can not get it to start. Seems to have power - clock. Internal lights etc but no dash board lights at all and it makes a fast clicking sound after a few seconds when you're not turning the key but ignition is on. like a shorting fuse. Checked all fuses and they're all good. Could it be a relay or the battery? I would really appreciate it if you have any thoughts as Ive got loads of meetings tomorrow... Thank you for reading and here's hoping you can help

Hi, and welcome, :)
it sounds like it's a relay chattering.., like you get if the battery is too low to crank on the starter,

trying another good battery on there is the best test..,;)

a meter to check for 12 Volts in critical places is also good for ruling things out

( a "DEAD battery" will make even jumpstarting with leads quite difficult):(

Charlie - Oxford

Back