General DCOE questions

Currently reading:
General DCOE questions

Raph406

my uncle came over last week with a weber 40 dcoe new in box that was lying around his garage. My dad really likes these carbs from working with them on alfas. I found a dcoe manifold online. i know i would have to cut into the trunk. And these are ment for more track based cars. But since i was going to take out the engine and go through it. do you think it would be worth it? if i was to do this i would probly have to spend more in parts. i still want a drivable car, is it better to go with downdrafts? or the little larger dmtr?
Just wondering Thanks

A twin dcoe setup is going to make a nice noise and give plenty of tuning potential but you need more than just the carbs to take advantage of it.

The downside is loss of boot space and lots of fun and games starting from cold. Really a pair of dcnf downdraughts with choke assemblies is a more realistic approach and doesn't really give much less tuning potential compared to the dcoe's.

yes the sound is great, my neighbors alfa sounds godly with the twin dcoes on it. i would do other modifications if i put these on. i'll consider the two options. i would save a few hundred couple bucks with the dcoe option. I rarely use the back trunk so it wouldn't be to bad a loss. know anyone that has a used dcoe or dcoe manifold?

Back