Technical Daytime running lights please HELP

Currently reading:
Technical Daytime running lights please HELP

Papsuk

I have a fiat ducato swb multijet 110, 2013. am baffled on the daytime running lights, they come on with high and low beam. but do not come on at all when i turn the lights off? any help or suggestions on the problem and fix greatly appreciated.

Can you confirm that with the lights switched off that the DRL's do not come on come on when the engine is started? What type are they, e.g. the single bulb type in the normal side light position or the LED strip type?

Do they come on in a low power state when the ignition is turned on and the lighting switch is turned on i.e. acting as 'dimmed' side lights?

Can you confirm that with the lights switched off that the DRL's do not come on come on when the engine is started? What type are they, e.g. the single bulb type in the normal side light position or the LED strip type?

Do they come on in a low power state when the ignition is turned on and the lighting switch is turned on i.e. acting as 'dimmed' side lights?
Hi Ray thanks for the message, there the single bulb type and are positioned below the main beam in the same reflector, and no they dont come on when the engine is running or key in the on position but not running.....

It appears to me that they may not be DLR's but just side lights?? I do not think DLR's were standard in 2013 but stand to be corrected. On my 2013 2.3 they were not fitted and what you are describing were the sidelights. Is the light switch 3 position i.e. off / sidelights / headlights or just two position off / lights on? With ignition off and sidelight or lights switched on do they come on?

It appears to me that they may not be DLR's but just side lights?? I do not think DLR's were standard in 2013 but stand to be corrected. On my 2013 2.3 they were not fitted and what you are describing were the sidelights. Is the light switch 3 position i.e. off / sidelights / headlights or just two position off / lights on? With ignition off and sidelight or lights switched on do they come on had to get

It appears to me that they may not be DLR's but just side lights?? I do not think DLR's were standard in 2013 but stand to be corrected. On my 2013 2.3 they were not fitted and what you are describing were the sidelights. Is the light switch 3 position i.e. off / sidelights / headlights or just two position off / lights on? With ignition off and sidelight or lights switched on do they come on?
Had to get up and go check this Ray, the lights are two position, on and off, they are just side lights I think as do come on when the key is in the off position and light is on. I'm currently going through an mot and this is down as a failure. Do I need to get DRL fitted or do I not need to as there not as standard?

Had to get up and go check this Ray, the lights are two position, on and off, they are just side lights I think as do come on when the key is in the off position and light is on. I'm currently going through an mot and this is down as a failure. Do I need to get DRL fitted or do I not need to as there not as standard?
Drls are only needed on post 2015 cars and vans Id I remember correctly so not sure how they are failing your van?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220727-045409_Google.jpg
    Screenshot_20220727-045409_Google.jpg
    532.6 KB · Views: 61
Did some research last night and found this, it's not very clear but I assume on viechles after 2018 it is compulsory? Have put alot of time into this, not gonna be a happy bunny when I go back to the test centre.

Worth remembering that DRL's were only compulsory on the Ducato with the introduction of the X290 model about 2015 . Prior to that on the X250 they were not required. It appears the MOT station are mistaken in failing a 2013 [X250] model for not having them. If the tester did not know they were sidelight then he is not very experienced, [parking lamps really as when running with the lights on the headlights would be on - sidelight running was not allowed that is why the lighting switch became 2 position not 3.]

Last edited:
Thankyou for the insight, he did seem a but of a young chap but nice at the same time. Will have a chat with the garage.

Back