500 Daytime Running light issues!

Currently reading:
500 Daytime Running light issues!

Dopatri

Hi, please can someone help me figure out what’s going on with my Fiat 500, today I turned the engine on and the triangular shaped warning sign popped up like this ⚠️. My dashboard instructed me to check the daytime running lights. So I did, I checked if they were working whilst my headlights were off, but only one was working. However, every time I tested them with my headlights on, the one that wasn’t working, came on every time. Surely it can’t be a problem with the bulb or else it wouldn’t have came on once I turned the headlights on, right? Only when I turn the daytime running lights off in the dashboard settings the warning sign goes away. So could this be a wiring issue? Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
Ok, the one that isn't working, still isn't working. This happened to our car too. What is it that some of the light bleeds out a little, so it looks like the DRLs are on, even though they aren't. It's like an illusion. It looks like it's on, but it really isn't. It's just the light form the main beam bleeding out.

The DRL bulb is a dual filament bulb. With the car's lights switched off, the 21W DRL filament illuminates. When you switch the lights on, the 21W filament goes off and the 5W parking light filament comes on. You need a new bulb.

Back