Styling Daylight running lights

Currently reading:
Styling Daylight running lights

Far from, I'm now going to justify my point of view. It involves my right to be able to drive safely, and daytime running lights are not only for use in sunny conditions, but when people forget to put dipped beam light on in rain etc. Why should I risk a collision because I didn't see someone in a dark coloured car in the pooring rain with loads of spray because they didn't have their lights on? Its an unfortunate fact that people still don't these days.

Now take sun rise, and sunset, bright sunny conditions, with a low sun in your eyes making visibility far from perfect, we've all driven in those conditions. Having lights on with the sun low down behind you does increase your visability.

Equally running through, and in and out of dense forestation on certain roads when its bright and sunny, the contrast in light change means you'll see a car with DRLs or dipped beam headlights on a lot better if its in the forestation coming out towards you, and your still in the bright sun heading into the forestation.

These are the times when DRL's are of benefit, and can be a life saver.

So what are the negative points to DRL's other than looking like a knoob, I'd rather be seen and look like a knoob than be missed) and perhaps using an extra £5 a year is fuel :confused:

So what is wrong with just putting your normal headlights on? Has worked for years...

and saves us from those ugly audi DRLs

The problem on the roads is not you (driving safely, putting lights on to increase noticeability etc), it is other idiots around you that drive along in their own little world not paying attention or not noticing they can hardly be seen or driving stupidly fast (say in the conditions you just described)...

So what is wrong with just putting your normal headlights on? Has worked for years...

The problem on the roads is not you (driving safely, putting lights on to increase noticeability etc), it is other idiots around you that drive along in their own little world not paying attention or not noticing they can hardly be seen or driving stupidly fast (say in the conditions you just described)...

Nothing wrong with dipped beam headlights what so ever mate, but LED's don't regularly blow and use less electricity though. Wouldn't bother me either way if all cars just have the dipped beam headlights to come on all the time when the car is in motion - like you say, they do the same job :)

Like you say, unfortunatly it is mainly those in their own world who cause issues. Like those who drive around in fog with just side/parking lights on, or even no lights at all (n)

exactly i always have lights on (y)

Like you say, unfortunatly it is mainly those in their own world who cause issues. Like those who drive around in fog with just side/parking lights on, or even no lights at all (n)

there not half as bad as the ones driving round with silly HID kits on, mostly seen on fiestas, corsas and the like, do think you know what I'm getting at there :D , wouldn't mind some DRLs on mine, just purely for style lol, if Fiat do a facelift/DRL add-on I may have to purchase them and do the old wire them into the sidelights jobbie :D

I've did a five minute Bodge job, yesterday, and stuck them to the back/top of the headlight, and pushed the wires into my sidelight lamp holder, so they both come on together, which isn't a problem as my sidelights are white led's to, but will be looking to make it a better job at some point.

DRL.jpg

In the dark they both just light up the whole headlight lol

I've did a five minute Bodge job, yesterday, and stuck them to the back/top of the headlight, and pushed the wires into my sidelight lamp holder, so they both come on together, which isn't a problem as my sidelights are white led's to, but will be looking to make it a better job at some point.

DRL.jpg

i take it you couldnt find a switched positive lol,:p

Tad why do you always have to argue off topic about everything, every bravo post there is you've commented on in a negative fassion fair enough if you dont like DRLs but the thread owner is asking for advice, he's not asking to be ridiculed, create your own thread about "ugly audi drl's" if you want to have a rant (n)

i take it you couldnt find a switched positive lol,:p

Tad why do you always have to argue off topic about everything, every bravo post there is you've commented on in a negative fassion fair enough if you dont like DRLs but the thread owner is asking for advice, he's not asking to be ridiculed, create your own thread about "ugly audi drl's" if you want to have a rant (n)

I'm not the one who went off topic first, learn to read.
Also mind your own business please. I'll start a thread if I want, I don't need your permission.

Last edited:
DRL.jpg

Anyway looks good dude what's the visibilty like in the day time? I know people buy the cheap ones but you really need at least a 3w led output which I've purchased just waiting for them to arrive the higher led wattage the more brighter they are

Anyway looks good dude what's the visibilty like in the day time? I know people buy the cheap ones but you really need at least a 3w led output which I've purchased just waiting for them to arrive the higher led wattage the more brighter they are

Ideally Cree LEDs are the way to go (y) it's a far better chip :)

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
No couldn't find one and tbh I'm not going to look, as now that I Have more current being pulled, the car now thinks the sidelight bulbs are ok and the warnings gone off lol, got these today

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/260973364272?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

But can not find anywhere good to put them, there must be a decent light or strip, that can go somewhere that won't look goose.

i've ordered the same ones i'm going to put them in the grille with the fiat badge will get photos up when they arrive.

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
right managed to get them installed, i couldnt see if there is a swichted positive in the engine bay so i just used the one i created from the cruise control stalk:

(Waiting for tad to dislike this...)

temporary-1.jpg

temporary.jpg

really happy with them 3W quite bright i can see the relection of them in the cars infront so they do their job (y)

nice to see people on other forums posting photos of my car...

oh and chappers14, sorry to be blunt, but that's the worse aftermarket LED job I've ever seen... if they don't fit the car, don't use them it's just a few quid of chinese junk anyway.

Last edited:
Back