General Dastek Info

Currently reading:
General Dastek Info

donny lad

right ive jussy pasted this from boo cos i cant be bothered to list it again so any help is appriciated
right got the deposit back from the ecu company and wanted to know how mappable if at all a DASTEK would be on my hgt 147,cant really say what the spec is at the minute but defonately need to know weather fueling, ignition and air can be conteroled aswell as rev limimter set in each gear at max power so as no over reveing in each gear or is that a job for a fully customised jobby, also want to know if its possible to set the thermostat at a lower temp and weather it can controll my CRY02 kit for the inlet. and while im on the job is the 20vt oil pump batter than the hgt as it runs an oil cooler or is the hgt capable of this without loosing oil preasure

chears guys and girls(y)

Are you talking Unichip, I think you will be asking too much of it, its not that advanced. Whats a CRY02, sounds like a device for turbo cars. Why do want a lower thermostat temo, I assume this is not a race car?

Leave the oil pump as it is, yes wou could run an oil cooler with it.

Do actually know what you want to do with the car, an aim? Do you have a budget?

Rich

Are you talking Unichip, I think you will be asking too much of it, its not that advanced. Whats a CRY02, sounds like a device for turbo cars. Why do want a lower thermostat temo, I assume this is not a race car?

Leave the oil pump as it is, yes wou could run an oil cooler with it.

Do actually know what you want to do with the car, an aim? Do you have a budget?

Rich

CRy02 is well here its easyer to show the thing lol http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/products/ProductDetail.asp?cls=ROAD&pcode=DEI080110

i have a air and fuel line moduel, i need the car to keep cool from a low engine speed, unfortunatly what im doing and what the budget is is abit secret lol well the budget isnt low but i dont want it to spiral out lol but the spec is going to be secret until its done lol sorry for the cloak and dagger stuff i know it doesnt make it easy for helping but you will have to humour me lol chears

cryo2: the science of aerodynamics and cryogenics.

apart for the obvious common sense aspect of how useless it will be, lets also apply some basic theory. the surface area of the bulb, and the speed of the air going past it, means the actual effect on the temperature of incoming air will not be noticable.

its a boyracer con, obviously!!

cryo2: the science of aerodynamics and cryogenics.

apart for the obvious common sense aspect of how useless it will be, lets also apply some basic theory. the surface area of the bulb, and the speed of the air going past it, means the actual effect on the temperature of incoming air will not be noticable.

its a boyracer con, obviously!!

ive been told it works with outstanding results on forced induction lol only time will tell

even if it worked as well as the claims suggest, it cant do much more for performance than you get when driving in a harsh british winter, and while you can notice that difference its nothing to get excited about. the only real benefit i can see (if it did work as it says) would be the cooler running on highly modified forced induction engines. cooler running makes a highly modifed engine more reliable, or to put it better, you can tune the engine higher without killing it. when the co2 is sprayed on the intercooler it would almost certainly do a much better job than conventional water sprays. that stage i can understand, but cooling incoming air with a cold bulb in your intake pipe is "ecoteky" imo.

Last edited:
(y)
even if it worked as well as the claims suggest, it cant do much more for performance than you get when driving in a harsh british winter, and while you can notice that difference its nothing to get excited about. the only real benefit i can see (if it did work as it says) would be the cooler running on highly modified forced induction engines. cooler running makes a highly modifed engine more reliable, or to put it better, you can tune the engine higher without killing it. when the co2 is sprayed on the intercooler it would almost certainly do a much better job than conventional water sprays. that stage i can understand, but cooling incoming air with a cold bulb in your intake pipe is "ecoteky" imo.

i hear what ya saying mate but i payed nearly nothing for the kit so i thought id give it a go lol plus the have special attachments for charge coolers which are supposed to be the dogs. (y)

That croy thing is a waste of time on an NA, I bet it doesnt last long, and to rely on is rubbish. Keep it cool at low speed running - I think you have fans to do that, why would you be interested with cooler charge at lower speeds.

As for your secrecy, its clearly not a race car, so I cant see what the fuss is about. If you wantan aftermarket ecu estimate 1k-1.5k depending on whether you make the loom yourself. With no other modification to the engine this would create some negligable change in BHP and lower economy, std ecu's are very good at light throttle opening cruise maps.

rich

That croy thing is a waste of time on an NA, I bet it doesnt last long, and to rely on is rubbish. Keep it cool at low speed running - I think you have fans to do that, why would you be interested with cooler charge at lower speeds.

As for your secrecy, its clearly not a race car, so I cant see what the fuss is about. If you wantan aftermarket ecu estimate 1k-1.5k depending on whether you make the loom yourself. With no other modification to the engine this would create some negligable change in BHP and lower economy, std ecu's are very good at light throttle opening cruise maps.

rich

im on about forced induction though mate the car isnt a daily driver anymore aswell it will be for tracks and wotnot but thanks for the feed back anyways(y)

you never said that in you original post. So you are you going to turbo charge it? Then you'll just want to get a running coupe 20vt, end of conversation??

I'd still get a whole 20vt, youll have most of what you need then, but keep you hgt manifold, then worry about the charger fitting and drive.

rich

I'd still get a whole 20vt, youll have most of what you need then, but keep you hgt manifold, then worry about the charger fitting and drive.

rich

see what ure saying mate but ant got that sort of money so im having to do it bit by bit im afraid(y)

Back