General Dashboard removal Scudo/Ulysse? Help!?

Currently reading:
General Dashboard removal Scudo/Ulysse? Help!?

Well on UK versions I just remove glovebox & the fusebox cover behind that,this lets you see things a bit better.Under the dash I think there is a metal bracket with a round wire block connector you have to remove.The heater motor has 3 x 6mm or 7mm screws that hold it in.

update, got mine out (fiat Ulysse 2.0L S)

Mine had four screws and N0'4 was a right sod to get out,
Tip: make sure you have one of those flexy screwdriver thingies before you start!!

Turned out to be a lack of lube, just got to put it all back together now....:eek:

Darren

spoke too soon,
Put it all back in and it didn't work !!
All out again and this time stripped the fan out of it's casing, seems one of the brushes is stuck and not making proper contact.
Freed that up, cleaned the commutator a bit, rebuilt the fan and put it back.
Just like that, well not quite, but it works again now. (y)
Have to wait and see how long for?

Darren

Last edited:
we have the same problem on our 03 scudo, we have established that our fan works with a direct feed to the power terminals but not any other way,we just cant get powewr to the motor or cigar lighter, so time to play again, however we know that if push comes to shove we van bypass the system for now.

Hi everyone, new to the forum, but with what appears to be a common problem, heater not working, (my fault). I have a 98 right hand drive.

I replaced the control panel as a couple of the sliders had broken off. Couldnt see how to remove the multiplug so cut the wires with the intention of connecting to the multiplug on the replacement. However in doing so I allowed two of the wires to touch resulting in a spark and a brief roar from the heater motor, (yes I know I should have disconnected the battery). As a result the feed to the control panel and the thick red wire from the motor are now dead.
My first thought was a blown fuse. Am I right in thinking that the only fuse for the heater is in the under bonnet box? According to the sticker under the lid, the heater fuse is the chunky 30A one, (2nd from the left), but this is lighting up my test lamp ok, as are the other big fuses.
Can anyone suggest what I may have blown up? I have removed the dash panel so am in sight of the motor housing.

As regards the fuseboxes, does every van have a different one!!?? I have looked at the ones that have been posted on the forum and they differ from mine and mine differs from the one in my handbook. According to my book its the 3rd edition but the fusebox diagrams and lists dont match what I've got.

Apologies for waffling on in my first post but any advice would be greatly appreciated especially with winter coming.

Andy

Hi everyone, new to the forum, but with what appears to be a common problem, heater not working, (my fault). I have a 98 right hand drive.

I replaced the control panel as a couple of the sliders had broken off. Couldnt see how to remove the multiplug so cut the wires with the intention of connecting to the multiplug on the replacement. However in doing so I allowed two of the wires to touch resulting in a spark and a brief roar from the heater motor, (yes I know I should have disconnected the battery). As a result the feed to the control panel and the thick red wire from the motor are now dead.
My first thought was a blown fuse. Am I right in thinking that the only fuse for the heater is in the under bonnet box? According to the sticker under the lid, the heater fuse is the chunky 30A one, (2nd from the left), but this is lighting up my test lamp ok, as are the other big fuses.
Can anyone suggest what I may have blown up? I have removed the dash panel so am in sight of the motor housing.

As regards the fuseboxes, does every van have a different one!!?? I have looked at the ones that have been posted on the forum and they differ from mine and mine differs from the one in my handbook. According to my book its the 3rd edition but the fusebox diagrams and lists dont match what I've got.

Apologies for waffling on in my first post but any advice would be greatly appreciated especially with winter coming.

Andy

I have exactly the same situation but I maybe let the red and gnd cable to touch each others while the car was on. I have made some conclusien that the relay under drivers side dashboard maybe broken. There is Green, Blue, Yellow and a Black one there. Which one of these is the blower motor system relay feed as schematics say there is this relay?

Ok I have found how the blower motor is connected.

Under the hood the fuse box F15 29mm 40A is the blower motor fuse. It is directly connected to heater motor 3 pin connect red cable. Also F17 is the heater fuse incase your heater is dead.

How ever there is relay before the power line gets to the blower motor. Under drivers dash a yellow relay 5 pin is connected to KEY so that when you switch car one the relay connects 12v from F15 to the blower motor.

Also ground is on drivers side near the door corner. You need to remove the plastic on floor corner and then you see the gnd connector. You must check that this connection is valid by multmeter to gnd and plus to red cable. IF then power is shown the GND connector is not properly connecting and you must reassemble the gnd connector so that it connects ground again.

I hope this makes the power issues more easier to discover for everyone.

This version is for left drive. The right drive may have the gnd connector different side of the car and so on.

Can you tell me if i need to do the same in order to install an ipod adaptor with connection point in or around the glove box? Maybe it can be done simpler.

Back