General Dashboard lights ?

Currently reading:
General Dashboard lights ?

hi i know a lot of people have talked about dashboard lights but i cant find the right one for my car :confused:.

I have a Punto mk 2 2001 mia and when i go over 50 theres an orange light that come on on my dashboard on the right hand side and it is shaped like an engine, then it goes off after bout 10 mins

ive been told it could be the lamba sensor or ecu or a coil, but ive not had it checked out yet because its about £100 just to find the fault and then they might not find it at all so its a big risk for sum1 who is only on 180 quid a week :( plz help me phil (y)

Hi mate, and WELCOME TO THE FORUM!!

Thats you EOBD or "engine management" light. It is indeed telling you that there is a fault, and the BEST way to know what the fault is, and save you potentially throwing away money replacing things that may not be faulty, is to have the codes read. This should cost around £60 at fiat, or cheaper at a local independent (although they wont have as indepth software)

What has been suggested is correct. As its happening only at speed, I would suggest its an intermittent misfire that its Detecting. You could replace plugs and leads to test this out (however this itself will cost you around £30 with no guarantee) Same applied with lambda sensor.

As the light is coming on, there will be a fault code stored in the memory. As i say, without knowing what the fault code is, you could change many things and still not fix the problem.

You could try buying a bear for your local mechanic if they have diagnostics equipment as it only takes a matter of minits to hook it up and get the code.

Good luck,
Alan

Back