Styling Dashboard lights, how many?

Currently reading:
Styling Dashboard lights, how many?

jamesgamby1989

y is saving so difficult?
i want to change the lights behind the speedo to blue instead of orange, anyone done this? or does anyone know how many led's are there? are all led dash bulbs the same type?
thanks in advance

Good thread starter mate, hope you get some replies.

I doubt they are LED's as the dash light is dimable by the multi function control i'd assume (not sure) they are the small capsual lamps the same as in the rear high level brake light with a coloured filter between them and the back of the speedo..

i did what you wanted in my old KA with a set of 3 super bright blue LEDs and the appropriate resisters on a section of PCB strip board the same size as the green filter so it kept them equally spaced (the ka is lit from in front of the dials) they "should" run at almost teh same brightness but it all depends on the voltages at the bulb due to the dimmer circuit if it is however just a coloured filter buy some blue acitate and put that in its place,..

ok so there is no need for new bulbs behind the dash then to make it blue? would any blue acetate do the job then?

is this the same for the other lights for example behind the centre console?

ok so there is no need for new bulbs behind the dash then to make it blue? would any blue acetate do the job then?

is this the same for the other lights for example behind the centre console?

only way to know. pull it all out.

simple posi screws me thinks.

il let you test that one out then grandej i have a thing for breaking things so unless i have specific instructions im not going to pull away at my dash unless i have a relacement to hand lol. any instructions?

il let you test that one out then grandej i have a thing for breaking things so unless i have specific instructions im not going to pull away at my dash unless i have a relacement to hand lol. any instructions?

i havnt taken it out yet, but ill go look at my heater assembly to see what kinda bulbs are fitted

ahh is too cold :eek:

haha lol this bloody weather and it is june in two days! what a joke!

i will have a look tomorrow if i get the chance as im in london for the day but if any gets there first please help me out! thanks.

haha lol this bloody weather and it is june in two days! what a joke!

i will have a look tomorrow if i get the chance as im in london for the day but if any gets there first please help me out! thanks.

i had a quick look.

watch out, heater panel clips are VERY flimsy.

any more information on what would have to be done to change the dash to blue either the centre console or the speed dials? anyone know how to get to the dials?

bump! anyone know whether it is actually just orange acetate behind the dials? as the lights are different to show that the lights are on? as i want to buy an l.e.d set in order to make the lights blue! thanks guys!

Don't know how you will get on with LED's Due to the electronic dimmer for the instrument lighting suppose teh only thing you can do is turn it up to max and put a multimeter across the bulb terminals and see what voltage you get it'll then be a case of pratting about putting led's in or taking them out to get the brightness something like right..

just anoter word of warning DON'T allow the lamp wires to short out as if its anything like my ford KA the power was supplied from sidelights via the big multiplug for the speedo/warninglamps/ fuel gauge through the Printed Circuit Board and out onto a ribbon cable at the top of the PCB i shorted it out accidentally and blew the track off the PCB :eek: Fortunately i Did A-level electronics and worked for an electonics company so i knew how to repair the damage to save the cost of a new spedo assembly i dread to think what that would have cost to put right...

dashboard lights

how cna i get the orange lights in my speedo n stereo and other icons to be blue, n how difficult is the job. Is it bulbs or films?

Back