Technical Dashboard Airbag Light

Currently reading:
Technical Dashboard Airbag Light

Hi can anyone help ?
I have fitted new seats to my fiat ducato motorhome conversion. I had to disconnect the seat belt pre tensioner, obviously the airbag warning light came on the dashboard. Two questions:

1: To turn off the dashboard light is it just a case of connecting the two wires together that went to the old seatbelt pretensioner? to close the loop.

2: If I wanted to connect up the new seatbelt pretensioner on the new seat, is it just a case of connecting the two sets of wires together to complete the loop, does it matter which way around they go?

I don't want to set of any airbag, pretensioner systems!!!

Once disturbed the connector may not properly reconnect resulting in the light. I have previously been advised to remove the plugs and solder the wires under the seat. It worked for me on a Renault. (Battery disconnected of course) I think you will need to turn the light off with Multi ECU scan or via a garage though as once triggered I dont think these reset themselves. Its all EU safety Bo*****s.

Once disturbed the connector may not properly reconnect resulting in the light. I have previously been advised to remove the plugs and solder the wires under the seat. It worked for me on a Renault. (Battery disconnected of course) I think you will need to turn the light off with Multi ECU scan or via a garage though as once triggered I dont think these reset themselves. Its all EU safety Bo*****s.
arggghhhh not as simple as i thought then, thank you for your advice

Pretty certain that the wires will need connecting to a resistor in circuit, or they will still throw fault codes:

B0101-1A Front Passenger Pre-Tensioner Circuit Resistance below threshold
B0101-1B Front Passenger Pre-Tensioner Circuit Resistance above threshold

My manual indicates that the resistance in the circuit should be between 1.0 and 4.4 ohms. Fitting a 2.0 ohm resistor would be about the mid point.

Back