Styling dash

Currently reading:
Styling dash

When you say dash do you mean the speedometer, odometer, fuel gauge etc. If so it is not a straight swap as this thread shows

https://www.fiatforum.com/showthread.php?t=38446&highlight=mk2+dash+mk1

the outcome was never established as blackfiat_sei car is now for sale. Perhaps you could be the first person now to establish this theory.

Whatever you decide i would keep the mk1 clocks just in case (y)

When u say big bit im gathering you mean all the rev counter and heater controls etc

Well ive never heard of it being done on a sei, but a couple of cinq dashs have been changed, it was a bit if a bitch to do as it was a case of remembering where all the wires went etc

Perhaps some pics of the crack would help us more so more of us can offer a suggestion :)

I haven't read the other thread, but I can imagine, it will be a bitch of a job. Purely because the SPIs store the mileage mechanically, the MPIs store it on the ECU and all the dials are electronic on MPI (i have been led to believe). Rev counter should be straight swap though.

well looks like i might just keep my old dials and just change the dash and heater controls i think that should just be a straight swap.
my mates just took hes out to change the citymatic to a manual and he said it wernt that hrad to change
anyways cheers for the posts regards jay

smurfhead said:
Purely because the SPIs store the mileage mechanically, the MPIs store it on the ECU and all the dials are electronic on MPI (i have been led to believe). Rev counter should be straight swap though.

Later SPI models were electronic also although not on the mileage, but it was still done electronically

seicentojay said:
well looks like i might just keep my old dials and just change the dash and heater controls i think that should just be a straight swap.
my mates just took hes out to change the citymatic to a manual and he said it wernt that hrad to change
anyways cheers for the posts regards jay

What bits are you looking to change? Pics???

got no pics as im at work but im changing the part that all the vents fit in and the heater controls the big greay part that all the speaker covers are in aswell sorry yo sound stupid but dont what else to call it other then dash

Back