General Dash pics

Currently reading:
General Dash pics

Re: project pictures

i have now started t rub down the pillar trims. due to me previously painting these black with the grain still being there i have had to completely smooth these plastics to not only loose the grain but also to get all of the old paint off. these will be painted the same colour aas the dash. i have successfully done one of them but as you can see the other needs tome more time and devotion.

Attachments

• Picture.jpg
    Picture.jpg
    839.5 KB · Views: 53

yeah ive got a standard head unit and also a seperate dvd player. this is only a player not a screen as i have 2 9.4 inch screens to go on the roof. il upload some pics of them 2morrow :)

yeah they are 9.4 inch pyle audio flip down roof mount screens. they are about £200 retail each however i can get you a deal on them coz my very good mate is a supllier :) pm me if you want more info

ive decided now that im going to relocate the switched from the centre console to the right hand side clutter tray that ive fibreglassed. im not sure how they will look best. im only going to be putting four switched and four led's in. any ideas?

Attachments

• dash2.jpg
    dash2.jpg
    822.9 KB · Views: 33

as promised heres the pics of the screens all fitted in place. in order to do this i had to make some brackets that fitted to the roof lining then i could fix these in place. here you can see aswell that i have completely retrimmed the roof in black material.

Rory mate, ive been waiting to see someone put flip down screens in a sei to see how it looked and i am mightily impressed! (y)

Did you encounter problems with location of all the wires and does your roof lining sag?

it actually took me 2 days to get the roof lining sorted to get the screens up. i had to fibreglass the front of the lining to make it stiffi then had to make the brackets and screw them to the roof lining. the roof lining had to then be retrimmed and fitted then the screens could go up. i must admit it was a big job to do but when there up there amazing ! i would actually do these bits for people if required.

after a long tiring days work ive finally managed to get the first stage of the fibrglassing done on the large clutter tray ont he left. heres the updated pics. opinions please :)

Attachments

• Picture 082.jpg
    Picture 082.jpg
    855.3 KB · Views: 46
  • Picture 081.jpg
    Picture 081.jpg
    863 KB · Views: 69
  • Picture 080.jpg
    Picture 080.jpg
    862.6 KB · Views: 60
heres the pictures of the clutter tray sanded down and ready to smooth into the main part of the dash. i have put the playstation in here so i can test its fitment etc. what do u guys think so far? hopefully by the weekend the whole dash will be primed and trial fitted into the car with the center console.

Attachments

• Picture 083.jpg
    Picture 083.jpg
    848.5 KB · Views: 50
  • Picture 084.jpg
    Picture 084.jpg
    857.1 KB · Views: 74
  • Picture 085.jpg
    Picture 085.jpg
    868.5 KB · Views: 47
ive used half inch staples through an air stapler in order to hold the material tight to the plastic all the way around the edge with no gaps between them inorder to hold it tight after it has been fibreglassed i have fibreglassed the backs all around the edge with matting and resin and ive just used fibreglass filler paste to make the shape where it joins the plastic dash. once rubbed down its has smoothed itself in only needing some upol topstop to sort out any imperfections. this has made the dash extremely rigid now and there shouldnt be any flex in this side especially.

right mate its pretty simple to get in and out. i can do mine in about half an hour. there is six bolts along the bottom 2 either side of the stero 2 under the fuse box and then 2 under the document tray. there is then one behind the air vents at the top either side and also one in the middle under the center cap behind the rev counter. be carefull if you take it out for the first time as behind the heater controls on the right there is the central locking relay clipped in place. if you want any more advice or pics mate lut us know.

after spending a whole day ive finally managed to get the dash sanded and all the fibreglass smoothed in. another couple of hours 2morrow rubbing down the awkward bits and then the dash will be ready for priming :) this is the last pic now b4 the primer is applied :) unfortunately i couldnt get the guages in above the ps2 so they are now going to go on the right had side bit which i fibreglassed and the switches are going to stay in the centre console. what do you guys reckon so far then opinions please have i anialated my dash or do u think not?

Attachments

• Picture 089.jpg
    Picture 089.jpg
    870.2 KB · Views: 56
  • Picture 088.jpg
    Picture 088.jpg
    863.3 KB · Views: 69
at 1st i must say it looked not very good but i like now :D although nowhere to put bits n bobs but liking the PS2 slot :) is it possible to remove the PS2 from the front or does it have to be taken out from behind?

have you also cut the back of the dash out creating more space behind the dash?

get that thing primered and pics put up may give me somthing to think of doing next year :)

gaz

Back