Technical dash faults

Currently reading:
Technical dash faults

Gary 666

firstly let me say hello to you all
i recently bought a 2014 fiat 500 1,2 pop for my granddaughters birthday and to say i've had issues since it got delivered think i'm the one who got stung
with headlights held on with zipties and other problems
i got them all sorted but i'm left helpless with this problem
the symptoms
when car starts dash says "help parking assist unavailable"
milage flashes
transmission fault warning light flashes continually (car is manual gearbox)
and yellow triangle is lit
i took car to get diagnostics but the guy there was a bit clueless and advised goto main dealer
but he did write down codes he got
v173387-active-convergance telematic module - missing message
v172487-active-parkingaid module- missing message
b10aa4a-active- check configuration failed
doeas anyone have any ideas or is this one where i will have to pay main dealer repairs
thanks in advance
gary

Thanks for that
Why brake light switch tho'
You really need multiecuscan! Most of us on here run it on our lap tops to diagnose any issues with our 500s
The brake light switch is located up behind the glove box if the switch sticks it can cause a few issues it’s cheap to replace and could save you money
You say it’s a pop does the car have blue tooth? Steering wheel controls?
Multiecuscan is about €50 and you can get the cables on eBay! Main dealerships charge £100 for a 5 minute job with this software so it’s a no brainier to get the software and learn how to use it

Car doesn't have Bluetoothlooks like it's heading for Arnold Clark fiat
But
The dealer I got the car from phoned today after reading what I wrote on their website lol
He's going to come good on the dealers bill so I'll wait and see how that goes

Does the car have steering wheel controls (with a legend on each button, not a blank)? If so, the car does have Bluetooth but the convergence error is that the bluetooth is not working, hence the flashing mileage. As Baglady says, it may just need a proxy alignment.

As a 2014 Pop, you don't have parking aid (rear sensors) unless it was added as an optional extra. Do you have the sensors in the bumper? If that unit has also broken, that would explain the error on that.

Thanks for your reply
No steering wheel controls
No parking sensors
Going into main dealers on Thurs hoping they have an easy answer lol

Yep all OK I'm guessing it's not much by the way the main dealer mech was talking to me so hopefully just a reboot..... Fingers crossed

That's OK if you know what your doing with it
Or you could do more damage
If it only costs me £126 I'm happy

If the dealer is going to do it, then that's all good.

I suspect something has gone out of synch'.. particularly if the battery became discharged when the car was sitting on the forecourt... although I dunno how they let it go out of the door with the dash all lit up... If they just re-set the brains then it should stay fixed, especially if the modules featured aren't on the car.

Hopefully the lights go out and stay out. Worst case is that the car really really thinks it has Tooth and parking sensors and will complain again... 😅

Ralf S.

So car out of dealers 126 for the diagnostics 20 for a bulb
Apparently the control cluster had been renewed in the past and wasn't properly programmed so all good now
Bring back the good old days before computers got involved lol

Going by the mot history it's OK only done 41000
Funny I thought the same when I was told

Back