Panda Dangerous steering problem

Currently reading:
Panda Dangerous steering problem

You really are a tool aren't you. I never said that the car was going to go from one side of the road to the other. Tell you what, if I'm not busy later on I'll go take a video.

I must apologise to the OP, we don't usually have such wilfully ignorant and obstructive people on here, but today is one of those days. Get your battery charged and your car will most likely be fine.

If you can't win an argument without base insults then you've already lost

You said that it would simulate failure of the Power steering, which it does, and that charging the battery would fix jerking the wheel from side to side.

I'm not being ignorant, I'm giving you facts and physics. As for obstructive I'm not being that either, I'm questioning something I believe to be wrong, I wasn't aware I wasn't allowed to do that???

this is a serious design flaw and all pandas are ticking time bombs and should be recalled and crushed!

WHAT A ROUNDED DOOR HANDLE YOU ARE you blame the steering because you have seen the bbc program maybe but you also had another fault which was more likely to cause it, being part of the front geometry that had broken. the power steering failing never causes steering to go off to one side, this is why people report problems with the steering because the control unit disconnects the power to the unit at the slightest sign of a fault on non- syncronus of the sensors and shows fault light. hydraulic steering systems fail with more dramatic results - minis had a more serious fault - do you want all of them crushed ?
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b006mg74/features/richard-e-grant-reports-mini-steering-lock

WHAT A ROUNDED DOOR HANDLE YOU ARE you blame the steering because you have seen the bbc program maybe but you also had another fault which was more likely to cause it, being part of the front geometry that had broken. the power steering failing never causes steering to go off to one side, this is why people report problems with the steering because the control unit disconnects the power to the unit at the slightest sign of a fault on non- syncronus of the sensors and shows fault light. hydraulic steering systems fail with more dramatic results - minis had a more serious fault - do you want all of them crushed ?
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b006mg74/features/richard-e-grant-reports-mini-steering-lock

Jon - I was being sarcastic pal.

Think you need to read the whole topic and you'll see that I have said pretty much what you have from the very beginning.

irony1
ˈʌɪrəni/
noun
noun: irony
  1. 1.
    the expression of one's meaning by using language that normally signifies the opposite, typically for humorous or emphatic effect.

irony1
ˈʌɪrəni/
noun
  1. 1.
    the expression of one's meaning by using language that normally signifies the opposite, typically for humorous or emphatic effect.

Thanks gav I wouldn't have known that.

Jon - I was being sarcastic pal.

Think you need to read the whole topic and you'll see that I have said pretty much what you have from the very beginning.

haha i stand corrected - but you know what i mean....
people panic just cos they see 3 faulty cars on tv and they think the world is going to end as we know it .............

I did ask a friend at work who had owned a 100HP about them before i bought mine and he mentioned the steering issue but he'd only heard of it happening to one or two panda's and with no serious problems.

haha i stand corrected - but you know what i mean....
people panic just cos they see 3 faulty cars on tv and they think the world is going to end as we know it .............

Yep, know what you mean. Had classic minis too so know about their faults also.

irony1
ˈʌɪrəni/
noun
  1. 1.
I feel humbled :worship: - I will go stand in the corner with my dunces cap on.
after first driving my panda into a brick wall and killing it :bang: - just in case the steering light comes on in the future causing the end of the world :cry::cry::cry::cry:

I feel humbled :worship: - I will go stand in the corner with my dunces cap on.
after first driving my panda into a brick wall and killing it :bang: - just in case the steering light comes on in the future causing the end of the world :cry::cry::cry::cry:

Post of the day!

Would be interested to hear from the op as to the outcome of this problem, otherwise this thread is just an argument between two opinionated posters which, while I am finding it amusing, is not increasing my knowledge

Would be interested to hear from the op as to the outcome of this problem, otherwise this thread is just an argument between two opinionated posters which, while I am finding it amusing, is not increasing my knowledge

Probably wondering how they have ended up with a high interest loan that will be magically paid off when the case goes to court......

Scout - the point of the forum is not to sort your problem for you but to point you in the right direction through our experiences and knowledge from years (many in my case) being opinionated or not :devil:.
Forum 20% entertainment 20% bulls@@t 20% thought provoking and 40% bloody useful information and guidance

Scout - the point of the forum is not to sort your problem for you but to point you in the right direction through our experiences and knowledge from years (many in my case) being opinionated or not :devil:.
Forum 20% entertainment 20% bulls@@t 20% thought provoking and 40% bloody useful information and guidance

I don't have a problem and this thread hasn't sent the op in the right direction because the 'protagonists' are too busy trying to prove they are right. I don't doubt the breadth of knowledge available on forums as I am a mod on a Hyundai one. I also know that the op will be totally confused by now and has probably gone elsewhere for their answer.

Last edited:
I don't have a problem and this thread hasn't sent the op in the right direction because the 'protagonists' are too busy trying to prove they are right. I don't doubt the breadth of knowledge available on forums as I am a mod on a Hyundai one. I also know that the op will be totally confused by now and has probably gone elsewhere for their answer.

OP said that problem was cured by resetting the sensor and fixing of an unknown suspension problem in first post, but then asked if they then should spend £600 on a new column.

Back