Cutting New Key Blade

Currently reading:
Cutting New Key Blade

joeraz

I have bought a 2nd hand 3 button flip key fob so need to change the blade, is it just the dealer that can do this? & will they to a 2nd hand fob?

Cheers

Anyone had to replace the key blade on your flip out fob,, will go by my local key cutters at the weekend i think.

Q - what about the transponder/code part how can that be reprogammed/replaced in the fob part please?im after a flip fob myself and this will hopefully answer the questions that i have too , thanks
Joker

joeraz - thanks for that-not the answer i wanted to hear-but figured it would be.:cool:cheers
Joker

joeraz - thanks for that-not the answer i wanted to hear-but figured it would be.:cool:cheers
Joker

It will cost £30 - £40 depending how much they like you,, i know some independants can recode but they do need to contact Fiat i think anyway for the code which may work out the same price.

Q - what about the transponder/code part how can that be reprogammed/replaced in the fob part please?im after a flip fob myself and this will hopefully answer the questions that i have too , thanks
Joker

Have you got a normal key, and am planning on getting a flippy one? If the old key is naffed you can take apart the plastic bit and transfer the inner 'transmitter' bit of the imobiliser and should save you a few quid (y)

Jon.

MEP / Joeraz , many thanks for the advice , il see what horror stories Fiat want to charge me(y)

I have bought a 2nd hand 3 button flip key fob so need to change the blade, is it just the dealer that can do this? & will they to a 2nd hand fob?

Cheers
Could i know from where you got it. I am also planning to buy it for my santro xo.Also the brand & price:)

Back