General Cruise control

Currently reading:
General Cruise control

JBole

Hi
I’ve recently bought a 2013 Fiat Punto easy 3dr which can with a pre installed cruise control stick. When the car is turned on the green light comes on, on the dashboard, however I can’t seem to get it to work.
I’ve tried while driving to use it by Turing it on and holding it up to memories the speed but it’s not working.

Is there anything I can do?

Hi
My 2012 has working Cruise
The Green light indicates the Car has recognised it being activated.

It only works above 30mph and both clutch and brake switches disable it

Experiment a little more..

Then reply on what you have found :)
Its possible to reset the system..

But you probably want acess to MES

Charlie

Thank you for the reply.

I’ve been for a drive and going above 30mph and not touching the clutch or the breaks I tried turning it on. The green light didn’t come on.

I also tried memorising the speeds but nothing changed.

I would investigate both clutch and brake switches, sometimes they get stuck in place - a clutch switch could go wrong and display no noticeable faults

I’ve tested the break switch and that looks like it’s working, the break lights also still come on. However I tried testing the clutch switch however I don’t know how to take it out any advice?

I've removed the clutch switch and used a multimeter and it doesn't seem to be working. does anyone know where I could buy a new one?

Drive at 30+ mph. There is a collar around the stalk that turns the cruise control on and off. Turn it on so that the green light is on.

When twist the end of the stalk up to set the speed at the speed you are doing. Then take foot off throttle, while you’re doing this don’t touch the brake or clutch don’t even rest your feet on them.

The light as already pointed out only indicates the system has been switched on but not that it’s doing anything, totally counterintuitive to every other cruise control system I’ve ever used.

If it’s still not working then you may need it plugged in and codes read to see if their are any faults

Back