Technical Cruise control NOT working (light in dash wont turn off again)

Currently reading:
Technical Cruise control NOT working (light in dash wont turn off again)

Stlar89

PROBLEM:
So i bought a used Fiat Grande Punto 09' and it was only after i realized that cruise control wasnt working.. :) it would turn on in the dash and then nothing else - and i couldnt even turn it off - only when ignition was off did the dash "reset" the green cruise control light.. cruise control "arm"/arm end button also did nothing

FIX (at least for me)
So apparently (from what i hear) the Fiat Grande Puntos suffers from a weak ground wire from the battery and to the chassis/engine/gearbox.. mine was so "corroded" my brother took it clean off - one hand - no force applied.. ? as i prepped a new connection wire for ground and as i had the battery completely disconnected this is ALL that happened:

1: Battery disconnected entirely (started with minus to avoid wrench completing circuit if ever touching chassis)

2: Had the "minus" and "plus" wire touch each other (again battery NOT present) I have been told completing the circuit like this can help small errors or computer codes go away) Dont make me defens this cause i cant.. maybe someone knows whether this does something or not..

3: A new strong ground was fitted from gearbox to chassis - and from chassis to battery.

4: I just used the old battery. We had been charging it all night, with low amperes to really give it a new boost in life, but there was nothing wrong with the battery to my knowledge though.. (so this effectively means that the car was without battery for an entire night too!)

Thats it.. i really think more than anything it was the poor ground wire.. but i just posted all that happened so you can judge for yourself..
And i just really wanted to share this potential fix with anyone troubled by this.. i love that it just works now and i never thought i would be so glad having cruise control (first car for me that has it)

Hope this helps someone ?
(Oh and this was new to me so I just share - what i do in the car is turn on the cruise control - and then i realized that i have to be at least above 30 km/h before i can push the "cruise control arm" up and have the car respond.. maybe you even have to be in certain gear also, dont think so though.. dont rememeber, but one day i tested it, low speed as i had to figure out how it worked myself, but couldnt make it work and i feared it was not really working - i started thinking i had probably just been lucky a few times.. but then i realized the speed thing, which makes perfect sense, and i DOES work perfect - now for about a year.. love it)

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210420-115149_Opera.jpg
    Screenshot_20210420-115149_Opera.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 92
Back