Technical Crazy Indicators!!

Currently reading:
Technical Crazy Indicators!!

Roswell

The left hand indicator on my Seicento sometimes decides to flash as twice it's normal speed.

Why? :confused:

The indicators flash twice as quick in the wagon when a bulb is not working, possibly the same on cars? however it is more than likely the connections as said above

most cars should do that, if a bulb fails, the load on the flashe unit alters and it flashes quicker.

so it means either the front or rear bulb has a dodgy connection, or is blown (side repeaters dont create enough load to noticeably alter the speed)

I've had problems on both my Sei's with the connectors to the front indicators, the easiest solution is to get some nail emery board trim it down so that it firts into the loom connector and clean the contacts up. You can use a simple flat head screwdriver on the bulb holder it's self.

I only use cotton buds & methys to clean crud off and copper slip to attempt to salvage, some need replacing as they are too far gone.

If you use abrasive you are removing metal and Fiat did not supply a lot of that.

Noel

my cinq has that problem have now and then and its alway the front drives side that seems to work , and if i tab the indicator lence its comes back on again

On both of my cars there was a fair amount of metal oxidation that needed to be removed, meths was used to clean the contacts but it needed something abrasive to get back to good metal again. I've not done it this time & hope that a smear of copper grease will do. If it happens again I'll get a new set of bulb holders & sort out a connection with something like this.

Last edited:
Resurrecting an old one, if I need to replace the bulb what type do I need and are they easy enough to access? I'm at work so was going to see if I can get the OH to pick some bulbs up for me and I'll change it tonight.

is it the side repeter bulb (501)capless bulb just twist the lens cover and it shold just fall off in your hand remove bulb and gently pull the whitish gray bulb holder out of the wing check the wiring spray with some WURTH contact OL (oxidization remover) then some WURTH contacl SL (contact laquer spray) this helps to prevent it coming back

www.wurth.co.uk for products and nearest trade shop

hope this helps

Back