Technical crankshaft sensor camshaft sensor location

Currently reading:
Technical crankshaft sensor camshaft sensor location

Thanks,
Im out an about so no acces to my cd a laptop and being this is a "new tablet" not everthing is downloaded.or i cant find it.
A quick look shows i can find info relating to chain drive cam 3.0l but not belt. Time to put kettle on again. Stuck at MIL so i was hoping to prepare for some testing , now appears to be tuesday.

Must remember to delete the wrong one.
Thanks for links now comes a terminolgy question. I am trying to analize my injectors with a picoscope and taking advice from elsewhere. it suggests measuring the crankshaft sensor and injector then some maths together to find the "different cylindar". Now is this the camshaft sensor on top "timing sensor"
or the engine speed sensor "revs sensor" (used to determine the angular position of the crank)
as i write this i'm begining to have an idea but someone me or him was confused when talking about the rev and crank sensor as 2 separate devices. its the same one? please unconfuse me.

I'm pretty sure the revolution/crank sensor are synonymous.

Though the following is actually from the other training manual for the 3 litre engine, the need for both a timing and revolution sensor is neatly explained, and is probably similar for the 2.3. (i.e. on first cycle or part-cycle, the initial cylinder for injection is determined from the timing (camshaft) sensor and once that first (part-) cycle is complete, the crankshaft (rpm) sensor alone is used).

1689517030189.png

I'm pretty sure the revolution/crank sensor are synonymous.

Though the following is actually from the other training manual for the 3 litre engine, the need for both a timing and revolution sensor is neatly explained, and is probably similar for the 2.3. (i.e. on first cycle or part-cycle, the initial cylinder for injection is determined from the timing (camshaft) sensor and once that first (part-) cycle is complete, the crankshaft (rpm) sensor alone is used).

View attachment 426826
The above is also stated for in eLearn for the 2.8jtd, but I have been unable to find a similar definite statement for the 2.3, either in x250 Training Manual, or in eLearn for the 2.3jtd.

Back