Technical cost for fixing the turbo

Currently reading:
Technical cost for fixing the turbo

john the sparky

got my 1.3 multijet serviced last week and the engine management fault looked at.......

fault came up as MAF valve, and to be fair I'd been running for a few weeks without the maf connected and one of the faults wasn't showing up....

since the service it's been ok, but today, on way to job light flicked on, and it went into limp mode (like usual) so turned ignition off/on and as usual did it again.... then fine, finished job set off home and it did it 4 times in a row (that's more than normal) contacted garage and he said bring it in later......

he down loaded fault codes and it is to do with the turbo actuator system or turbo... so it could be
A) damaged pipe
B) knackered turbo

and I've got to take it back friday or monday to get it investigated

so really is it likely to be turbo (80K) and if so how much.... he mentioned 1100-1200 pounds:eek:

thanks

John

forgot to mention,

engine management fault has been about for 10-12 k miles

and mechanic said van was sluggish, but put it down to weight etc.... but today he said if it wasn't boosting enough that may cause the sluggishness.... and it has always been like this since I've had it, a year or 20k miles

don't know...

how would I check?

after getting back home I took it straight to garage to get diagnostics downloaded, and he came back with the 2 scenarios,

he said the pipework was under the battery box and the actuator is attached to the turbo, can I just try to move the actuator on the turbo (assuming it is off and cold)?

hi there.my names brad.ive just changed the turbo on my 1.3 multi.not the easiest job to do.i got mine from euro car parts £404 exchange. but my engine management light never came on.

well I've had no problems with it for the last 2 weeks:)

but that's because I was on holiday for a week, then the gearbox fell out of it:eek: so it is currently in bits on a bench, being fixed..... the input shaft bearing has gone and a needle roller had broken up between 2 gears (or something similar, will get a better idea when I collect)

so this is on the back burner for the minute, my usual mechanic seemed to thing it could be egr, but he hasn't mentioned wastegate (which may be worrying)

so with the service, new brake shoes, uprating the rear leaves, new rear dampers, MAF valve and now a new gearbox.... I've spent about £1200 in the last two months, and I still have an undiagnosed engine management fault:cry: so any tips on diagnosing the fault would be really handy:worship:

thanks

John

if you need a turbo i would contact Midland turbos in nottingham, they have a brilliant service and there very competitive!, they have a fast postal return service if your not local they can either repair your turbo, sell you an exchange or supply a brand new unit!,

no longer a doblo owner but i had a brand spanking new garrett turbo for my galaxy and it cost 530 quid incl vat delivered next day to the door!, same thing from ford is well over £1300 :)

Back