Technical Correct Positioning of throttle cable?

Currently reading:
Technical Correct Positioning of throttle cable?

mobile360

Hi ive got an issue with the correct positioning of my throttle cable. Last week my head was removed and I removed the throttle cable from the side of the throttle body via the two torx screws so it came off in one. I never touched the two 13mm nuts that can adjust the amount of cable.

I also had the interior out at this point and was laying a replacement carpet and during doing this in a semi lit garage the eccelerator pedal being loose and free got covered by the carpet.. hiding it away out of sight.

I then lifted the carpet out of the way and the pedal was all loose and floppy..the cable that sits in the pedal had also jumped out and was sitting close behind. Easy job you would think just to pop it back in..it was but then came to the point where I was connecting the throttle end back in 'THE CABLE WAS NOW TOO SHORT'. I just managed to get in! On running up the engine, it now revv'ed the car right up to around 3000 rpm..on quickley re-releasing the throttle cable it ticks over fine.

I had to release the cable via the two 13mm nuts so at least I could drive the seicento . Problem is that I know its wrong as ive looked at a same year sei today and his cable is what mine was before I messed around with it. Mine is released nearly all the way. My cable works but im sure im losing the ability for more power because its wrong somewhere????

Really need help on this one!! :cry:if I don't have the cable released all the way the car revv'es itself silly but doing this im sure im lossing the ability to accelerate...HELP!!!!:bang:

Last edited:
Is the outer cable sitting in the right place?

Cheers

D

I don't know, I will need to take a look tomorrow m8..from what I remember it looked ok but a really need to take a closer inspection :confused:.

Back