Technical coolant

Currently reading:
Technical coolant

Hi was just wondering if anyone out there had used this waterless coolant in their car ? If you have is it any good and worth doing.

No Point IMO

Expensive and tbh the mk2 is already 13 years old (2000 to 2013)

Coolant - i'd just stick in the 5 year OAT stuff

Fill and forget tbh, you wont need to change it probably till its ready for scrapping

I put Red in mine as well! however when i did, i didnt think about the belt change shortly, i'll just replace it tbh, why not, winters are getting colder and harder

Coolant changes like brake fluid still need doing regulary

Ziggy

dont forget distilled water!!! NEVER use tap water in your coolant! but yes ziggy is spot on red 5 year OAT coolant, drain old coolant out then top it up by 50% of the coolant then 50% of the distilled water. then bleed bleed bleed to get any air out that may of been sucked in when you did the draining:)

Was just curious as this stuff doesn't need changing again lasts the life of the car doesn't cause corrosion on any part due to lack of water and cant overheat due to the high boiling point

Probably makes sense in a high performance engine. For an olde Punto, I'd just use a rad flush and stick some decent conventional stuff in.

If you're in a hard water area (mainly down south and east coast) you'll know about the limescale in your kettle and use de-ionised water (ASDA seem to do it cheap). If you're in the Midlands, Wales, the north west, etc. tap water will do just fine.

Score for Halfrauds here fore once

5L @ £2.50

I'd Buy 2

And when i refill - i Stick 1l in Neat of Antifreeze - after a flush
(water will remain even when drained)
Then mix the remainin 4l from a 5l bottle, to make 8 litres

So that way you are in a good 50/50 mix ready for winter

EuroCarparts do a 5l Red OAT for £15 i believe
Add 50p for a jubalee clip

Thats20.50 for a drain - flush with water - Refill

Add about a £5er for a rad flush, but if changed regulary, you shouldnt need it

Ziggy

Can't remember where you guys steal your water from.;) I lived there 30 odd years ago, but can't remember seeing kettle scale -- if no kettle scale, the water will be fine for radiators.

according to Seven Trent Water, nottingham's water supplier, the hardness level is "Moderately Hard",

figures
chlorine = 0.18
pH = 7.61
sodium = 22.38
copper = 0.01
lead = 1.45
nickel = 2.55

not that any of that makes a slight sense to me:D

according to Seven Trent Water, nottingham's water supplier, the hardness level is "Moderately Hard",

figures
chlorine = 0.18
pH = 7.61
sodium = 22.38
copper = 0.01
lead = 1.45
nickel = 2.55

not that any of that makes a slight sense to me:D

Sweet - We get nickle and lead poisoning!

The Sodium tho - means nice white teeth :D
or white poo? im not sure?

Ziggy

Back